Moderators: Colin Unger, Raydawg, bigg jay, kenny23

#1 pick?

Durant
44%
Oden
56%

Total votes : 9

Postby JuranBoldenRules » Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:18 am

If both come out of NCAA this year, you have the #1 pick, who do you take?
JuranBoldenRules

Postby JuranBoldenRules » Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:22 am

I'd take Durant, after watching him torch Kansas last weekend, basically throwing up 3's from anywhere, seeing him earlier in the year playing the post a bit more, grabbing tons of boards. He's like a Kevin Garnett with more range and a quicker first step. He's made for the present day NBA.

Oden is good, he'll be a solid NBA player, I'm not sold though on his dominance transferring to the NBA. The Big Ten is pretty weak in the post, he struggled against Florida and most of his baskets are sheer strength over much weaker opponents in the post. In the NBA, he'll be up against the best of the best, he'll be a 15 and 10+ guy for sure, but Durant looks like a 25-10-5 type.
JuranBoldenRules

Postby Dilly » Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:09 am

i disagree, players like oden come every once in a generation (bill russell, david robinson) players at durants position and skill style are far more common. both will be superb players, but imo oden 1st overall hands down.
Pittsburgh Steelers Superbowl XL Champions!!
Winnipeg Blue Bombers Greycup07 Champions?
Dilly

Postby Hodge » Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:18 pm

Oden is more one of a kind when it comes to the C position. There are only a few guys in the NBA that are decent.

You can find alot of guys in the NBA that play like Durant.

Take Oden in a heartbeat
You know your a rider fan when....
- You lit a match in the bathroom and your house exploded right off its wheels
-You think loading the dishwasher means getting your wife drunk

The Yheti.
Hodge

Postby G » Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:54 pm

Easily Oden...in the NBA you need a good centre to do anything.
Sidney Crosby= MVP (57 GP 26 G 70A 96 Pts +14)

The TRUE 2005-2006 Calder winner.
G

Postby Phil » Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:34 pm

As much as a centre is a valued commodity, let's not undervalue terrific athletes even if they are plentiful.

While there's no reason to believe Oden won't pan out, teams should be careful not to be the Trailblazer GM who grabbed Sam Bowie when a couple of guys by the name of Hakeem and Mike were still available.

Durant has done nothing but impress this year, and although both are freshman, I'm also not aware that he has Oden's nagging injury issue.
God bless,
Phil
Kinetic Identity Design
Phil

Postby RebusRankin » Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:46 pm

Oden.

He's been a dominating presence defensively this year and an above average rebounder. Moreover he's been solid on offense. Let's not forget the wrist injury, he's shooting free throws left handed and is still shooting over 60%. Plus if you watch him play you can tell he's playing controlled at all times to avoid being hurt again. Wait till he's 100%, Of and for the record, he's much better than Bowie ever was.
"I pretty much quit playing when that one guy took over for Cal (Murphy)," Bryant said, referring to Jeff Reinebold. "He was just an idiot. I didn't come back because he cut my salary to something ridiculous."
RebusRankin

Postby ~wbbfan » Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:13 pm

Durant. This guy has just gotten better from HS to ncaa, and I expect the same as a pro. Oden, on the other hand has dropped off. And is still developing on off. His Man to man D isn't great either. He's an excellent help defender but right now, tiago splitter is head and shoulders above him in one on one D. Durants D is very good too. Even though he's a scorer.
There is a great depth at bigs in this draft. Both true big men, and athletic shot blocker. Right now, oden is much closer to being a marcus camby (with injurys), rather than a baby shaq. Durant, on the other hand right now is a better shot blocker, rebounder, and shooter than Tmac. He's much closer to Tmac, rather than rashard lewis is talent as well.
Oden really needs another year. A full, healthy year, with steady improvment. While durant actually needs to go to the nba. He's just too good to get any better playing vs ncaa players. He's like a man plsying with children.
~wbbfan

Postby bolden21 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:53 pm

Still think oden? hahaha
bolden21

Postby peg_city » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:20 am

Bump of the year
peg_city

Postby Firstname_Lastname » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:01 pm

I just voted for Oden.

Why, because Obama's a *****!
Firstname_Lastname

Return to General Discussion