Ourbombers.com - Winnipeg Blue Bombers Message Board

Unoffical Bombers Board since 1997

Marc Trestman betting his future on a Rookie?

All non-CFL football related discussion

Moderators: Colin Unger, Raydawg, bigg jay, kenny23

Postby blueandgold2k » Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:13 pm

So with Cutler now gone for a month at least, there's rumours floating around that the Bears are either going to trade or release him in the off-season. Contract talks were halted mid-season and one report cited Trestman as being a main reason for those talks being halted.

The thinking is that with a lot of good QB prospects in the deaft coming up, the Bears want to go and draft a young QB for Trestman to mold rather than continue on with Jason Cutler. I know Jay Cutler catches a lot of flak, but he's a good QB, and he's made that team competitive when they had virtually zero help surrounding him.

It's a risky move by Trestman as we saw what happened when Josh McDaniels turfed Cutler and went with somebody else instead (granted he wanted Cassel not the guys he got). Also if this is the move the Bears are thinking of they better make sure they get the right guy, as Trestman and the GM's jobs will then unavoidably be hitched to whoever that QB is. If he bombs, you can expect the blame will be made on them turfing Cutler (especially if he succeeds somewhere else).
"Kevin Glenn goes long to Milt Stegall.....and he's got it......AND HE'S GONE....." -Bob Irving (during his near heart attack at Commonwealth)
blueandgold2k

Postby BVD » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:04 pm

Maybe he can bring Calvillo in :D

I'm sure Chicago will stick with McCown since they literally have nobody except Vince Young that they could bring in...
BVD

Postby blueandgold2k » Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:14 am

BVD wrote:Maybe he can bring Calvillo in :D

I'm sure Chicago will stick with McCown since they literally have nobody except Vince Young that they could bring in...

Yeah cause that's the move I'd make...turf Cutler for McCown lol.
"Kevin Glenn goes long to Milt Stegall.....and he's got it......AND HE'S GONE....." -Bob Irving (during his near heart attack at Commonwealth)
blueandgold2k

Postby peg_city » Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:09 pm

Cutler is a good QB. It would seem odd for them to not re-sign him.
peg_city

Return to General Discussion

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts