Ourbombers.com - Winnipeg Blue Bombers Message Board

Unoffical Bombers Board since 1997

Vince Young and Tim Tebow Released

All non-CFL football related discussion

Moderators: Colin Unger, Raydawg, bigg jay, kenny23

Postby bwiser » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:58 pm

Tim Tebow was released by the Patriots today likely ending his NFL career.Is there any interest here?Vince Young was also released by the Packers.I think it is more likely he will catch on with another NFL team but I would certainly be trying to obtain his neg rights.I believe Montreal has neg rights for both QB's.
bwiser

Postby bwiser » Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:01 pm

Matt Lienert was also released.The Bombers should put him on their neg list if he is not on another CFL teams neg list already.
bwiser

Postby kpt_krunch » Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:15 pm

I'd take Lineart over Young and Tebow. Actually, Young has already said he has absolutely no interest in coming here. You guys know he is already a multi- millionaire and has business interests in the US, right? So no, I believe him. You'd only see him up here on a vacation, tha'ts it.

Tim Tebow - makes sense. He's a terrible quarterback and would fit right in here with our other terrible QB's 'cept the man in charge of bringing in terrible Qb's is no longer here (Joe Mack) so I really think the new regime, interim as it is, is smart enough to not even entertain Tebow coming here.

But Matt Leinart - he is an interesting case. He's a former Heisman winner who for some reason just couldn't get to that next level in the NFL - but I believe he could do well here. He is certainly the best option out of the three listed (but not necessarily the best option of Qb's released). Certainly better than Boltus I can tell you that.
kpt_krunch

Postby blue in greenland » Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:24 pm

You honestly don't know until you bring the guys in here and they step on the field and play...so if a guys with credentials will come...you get him here...
blue in greenland

Postby FrostyWinnipeg » Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:58 pm

bwiser wrote:Tim Tebow was released by the Patriots today likely ending his NFL career.Is there any interest here?Vince Young was also released by the Packers.I think it is more likely he will catch on with another NFL team but I would certainly be trying to obtain his neg rights.I believe Montreal has neg rights for both QB's.

Tebow is the future of this team.
A proud citizen of Willypeg
FrostyWinnipeg

Postby fatillac » Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:59 pm

Young,Tebow,Leinart.........

ANY would be better than the steaming pile of dung we have right now!
fatillac

Postby tracker » Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:28 pm

Tebow and Young have way more baggage than Lienert, so if we are going to take a flyer, let's look at him. He's early enough in his career that he might be able to adapt to the CFL.
oderint dum metuant
tracker

Postby bwiser » Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:39 pm

kpt_krunch wrote:I'd take Lineart over Young and Tebow. Actually, Young has already said he has absolutely no interest in coming here. You guys know he is already a multi- millionaire and has business interests in the US, right? So no, I believe him. You'd only see him up here on a vacation, tha'ts it.

Tim Tebow - makes sense. He's a terrible quarterback and would fit right in here with our other terrible QB's 'cept the man in charge of bringing in terrible Qb's is no longer here (Joe Mack) so I really think the new regime, interim as it is, is smart enough to not even entertain Tebow coming here.

But Matt Leinart - he is an interesting case. He's a former Heisman winner who for some reason just couldn't get to that next level in the NFL - but I believe he could do well here. He is certainly the best option out of the three listed (but not necessarily the best option of Qb's released). Certainly better than Boltus I can tell you that.

According to a report in the Associated press in 2012 Young had gone through most of his 34 million salary he collected as a player.Young's attorney at the time said "Vince Young needs a job"I know he said he did not want to come to Canada but he may not have anywhere else to play
bwiser

Postby WpgFan47 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:00 pm

I wouldn't mind if we took a shot at Matt Leinart it honestly couldn't hurt this team, bring him in let him learn the game and lets see what he can do. Vince Young probably wouldn't come here Im sure he would be a good QB in the league, and as for Teebow I'm not sure about his arm strength. Anyway you look at it I think it would be an upgrade on what we got.
Word to Big Bird
WpgFan47

Postby towelie » Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:38 pm

Tebow:
Would be worthwhile for a CFL team to bring in for PR's sake alone... The press and jersey/ticket sales would be insane. I do not believe he would be a good qb. he just doesnt have it as a passer... and this is a passing league... with a bigger field/tougher throws to exploit his weaknesses.. he would be fun to watch scramble but thats about it IMO

Young:
If he said he wouldnt come ... i believe him. i also feel he may at least end up on a practice roster in the nfl somewhere still. Young has incredible physical tools, and i think if he was actually committed to playing here and was motivated enough to put in the work and learn the game that he could be a good qb in the CFL. i doubt that will happen though

Leinhart:
I agree with everyone. He would be worth a look. His NFL chances are likely done. He might look for one last chance to make some money playing football before calling it quits. I really have no guesses as to whether or not he'd be successful. But he is prime aged and managed to stick in the big league for awhile so that says he has at least some capability.
towelie

Postby mf » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:21 am

Here's who beat out Vince Young for the packers backup ( for now)

ESPN

"It leaves an unsettled situation behind starter Aaron Rodgers. For now, the only other quarterback on the roster is B.J. Coleman, who spent all of last season on the practice squad. Coleman opened training camp as the No. 3 quarterback but slipped to fourth string after Young was signed and before Harrell was released. In the preseason, Coleman completed just 14 of 34 passes (41.2 percent) for 128 yards with one touchdown and one interception. It’s hard to imagine the Packers won’t explore other options over the weekend. "
thank you coach Harris.
mf

Postby NorthCarolinaBomber » Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:15 pm

Are you guys out of your freakin minds?

You realize that the only reason Leinart did well in college was cuz he had a certain SUPER HUMAN RB on the team named REGGIE BUSH? As well as coach named Pete Carroll?

Leinart is nothing but a product of talent around him, he doesn't make hurting teams good, put him up here in this system and with the kind of players we'd have to give him, nuh uh, I don't think so.

VY, already said he doesn't want to play in Canada, it's a noble thought but the man said no. I happen to have the most knowledge of the University of Texas athletics and the talk is if he doesn't continue on with an NFL QB career, UT is gonna make him a QB coach.

Tebow..... not really sure what the whole point of the Pats bringing him in was anyway, but I highly doubt his NFL career is over just yet, some nobody team out there is gonna see him and roll with him. Jacksonville, Miami, Tennesssee, Chicago, possibly even Minnesota will likely pick him up.
NorthCarolinaBomber

Return to General Discussion

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts