Ourbombers.com - Winnipeg Blue Bombers Message Board

Unoffical Bombers Board since 1997

E3

All non-CFL football related discussion

Moderators: Colin Unger, Raydawg, bigg jay, kenny23

E3

Postby Colin Unger » Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:03 am

Is anybody else a gaming nerd? Well I am and I'm really and I mean really looking forward to this year's e3 which is like 12 days away now. It's gonna be all about next gen console and next gen games. I already own a Wiiu and am looking forward to Nintendo's e3 direct where they will at the very least be unveiling a new 3d Mario Game, more details on Zelda Wind Waker HD, Mario Kart Wiiu and hopefully a whole lot more. For some reason I still harbor ill will towards Sony for coming in with huge financial backing and running Sega out of the console business so for some reason i've never got past that and can't get too excited for the PS4 even though they seem to be making all the rights moves this generation. I really want to see Xbox One games which are gonna be revealed. Possible Halo 5 or a new game from Rare studios like Conker or Banjo Kazooie. Lots of rumors going around. Microsoft is investing a billion dollars right now into game development for Xbox One. Horrible name but might be a great console.

Anyways.. anyone else wanna get in on the e3 chatter?
Ourbombers.com
Colin Unger
Site Admin

Postby FrostyWinnipeg » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:27 pm

How does MS recover from what Sony did?
A proud citizen of Willypeg
FrostyWinnipeg

Postby BVD » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:36 pm

Frosty - easy get Call of Duty exclusivity......

I don't think it'll be a deathknell with the MS announcements.... but as an educated gamer myself I definitely will get a PS4 before the Xbox One.

The Wii U will be picked up once it drops to 100 dollars since it's still looks like garbage and the big controller is still useless...
BVD

Postby blueandgoldguy » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:23 pm

On out and out thorough trouncing by Sony.

Superior hardware
Cheaper price
Better job courting the independents
Allows used games
Does not have to be online at all times
Does not require you to check-in to the internet every 24 hrs.

Unless, you are a MAJOR Gears of War or Halo fan and can't live without those two franchises, you will make the switch to PS3 which has the better exclusives anyways.
blueandgoldguy

Postby Colin Unger » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:05 am

Nobody is going to get COD as an exclusive.... And it's going to get even more expensive for Microsoft to try and buy games when core games sell better on PS4!

I have to say that I always leaned more towards XBOX in the past over Playstation but those days are completely over.. I'm now a Nintendo/Sony fan. And it doesn't have that much to do with Sony as this point and everything to do with Microsoft. They've just totally abandoned the ideals that made me love Xbox to begin with. It feels like a total role reversal versus last gen when Sony seemed to take their audience for granted. Sure the PS3 is more powerful on paper than the Xbox 360 but when they came out with it it was late, way more expensive, didn't have the same online features, and the games looked worse at that time. Kaz was making all kinds of arrogant comments like the generation doesn't begin until Sony says it begins. I hope Sony continues to be consumer friendly and never takes the market for granted again. But now Microsoft can't do anything right and they are looking more and more like that huge corporation that is not connected with actual consumers wishes and desires. And to top it all off they are looking desperate. They cancelled all their e3 interviews because they are scared of having to answer the tough questions. Plus, i'm pissed that they hired about of Microsoft Reps to go to best buy's across North American where Nintendo fans are experiencing some great upcoming Nintendo games as a part of their expanded e3 experience and the reps are basically making fun of these gamers for enjoying Nintendo games when they could just wait till the next Xbox comes out. Very uncool. Last gen Microsoft was open and friendly towards Nintendo fans looking for a second console and now they are complete jerks. So anyways they can take their Xbone and shove it i'm going WiiuS4!
Ourbombers.com
Colin Unger
Site Admin

Postby EastSideRocks » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:41 am

I play a LOT of Call of Duty and have followed the buildup and annoucement of these two consoles quite closely.

I was a Sony guy and then went to the xbox360 and I will likely stay there for the next console as well. I don't get too carried on about tech specs and I realize that Sony might have the edge in most areas but I don't know if that means a lot when we see the games on the screen and how they play. The thing I wish MS didn't do was bundle the Kinect in because that could have knocked $100 off and the the consoles would have been the same price. The thing that turns me off of PS though is that to play online you will now have to pay the $5 a month similar to xbox live so aside from the $100 savings initially there isn't a real savings long-term.

I will likely just stay playing xbox and that is because I'm sure most of my buddies are on xbox and will likely just stay with the same console for the next gen.
EastSideRocks

Postby Colin Unger » Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:09 am

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/qv3b ... ave-fallen

This pretty much sums up my thoughts as I was an Xbox fan previously just like this guy. I like how he's old and cranky like me! That's what I get for sticking with games from the original Atari to todays games. So much has changed!
Ourbombers.com
Colin Unger
Site Admin

Postby blueandgoldguy » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:28 am

You have to pay for PS3 online (PS+), yes, but you get a tonne more free games and discounted games than Xbox live. Plus it's ten dollars a year cheaper. And that's only if you want to play online multiplayer. Single player, Netflix and many of the other features are available without paying for PS+ unlike Xbox One which is essentially a brick unless you pay the 60 dollars a year for Live.
blueandgoldguy

Postby BVD » Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:49 am

The south park trailer was solid, Destiny and Battlefield 4 were my top two picks.... overall i was very unimpressed with this years E3
BVD

Return to General Discussion

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts