Ourbombers.com - Winnipeg Blue Bombers Message Board

Unoffical Bombers Board since 1997

What a disgusting budget....

All non-CFL football related discussion

Moderators: Colin Unger, Raydawg, bigg jay, kenny23

Postby TrueBlueGapper » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:30 am

In an era where the rest of the western world is realizing we need to cut back on spending, poor Manitobans get the shaft. Increased spending and increased taxes. I can't believe how hard left the provincial NDP swung after Doer left.

Normally after such a cluster fack of a budget, a party would get voted out next election. But I think the NDP played the demographics card very well. With all the baby boomers coming into retirement age, the largest voting block will be tickled pink that they no longer need to pay education taxes.

With rising real estate prices, the cost of living advantage Manitoba had with SK/AB is pretty much gone. If it wasn't for family, I would be heading West again in a heartbeat.
We suck.
TrueBlueGapper

Postby cybergomer » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:06 am

In the grand scheme of things, 1% isn't going to break most people. But the way that the provincial gov't is going about it is just wrong. Circumventing legislation put in place to stop gov't from doing just this, reminds me more of a dictatorship, not a democracy.

I truly hope that someone challenges the NDP in court for infringing on our rights to vote on a PST increase.
Real men drink from Cups, not from bowls!!
cybergomer

Postby basslicker » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:20 am

Simply amazing what they think they can get away with.
If they win another majority we will be the biggest losers in the country and deserve all the ridicule we get.
The best part of moving from Winnipeg to Calgary?

NO Westwood!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!
basslicker

Postby basslicker » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:21 am

A copy of the email I sent my MLA yesterday, and again today. And I;ll write a new one tomorrow.

Dear Mr. Saran, MLA of Maples,

I would like to voice my disgust at the new Provincial 'Budget'.

I, and many thousands of Manitobans are demanding a referendum on the PST hike....which is a LAW. You can't just change a law when it becomes inconvenient to your spending plans. How hard is it to realize that to save money you have to spend within your means!

I will have these emails continue and I will spread the word to others.

Manitobans are demanding a referendum like the law

*former* proud Manitoban"
The best part of moving from Winnipeg to Calgary?

NO Westwood!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!
basslicker

Postby johnzo » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:02 am

It could be worse. You could have a government that cuts taxes while it increases spending!
johnzo

Postby 17to85 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:17 pm

If you didn't want a government raising taxes and mismanaging spending then you shouldn't have voted NDP. I feel bad for the people who didn't vote for those clowns, but anyone who voted for them is getting what they deserve.
"You know me to be a very smart man. Don’t you think that if I were wrong, I’d know it?"
17to85

Postby grumpy old man » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:44 pm

Mark H. wrote:
17to85 wrote:If you didn't want a government raising taxes and mismanaging spending then you shouldn't have voted NDP. I feel bad for the people who didn't vote for those clowns, but anyone who voted for them is getting what they deserve.

Based on the Cons' election promises, they would've done to exactly the same thing. They basically ran an NDP lite campaign.

Kindly post the lottery numbers for Saturday.
grumpy old man

Postby 17to85 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:09 pm

Mark H. wrote:
17to85 wrote:If you didn't want a government raising taxes and mismanaging spending then you shouldn't have voted NDP. I feel bad for the people who didn't vote for those clowns, but anyone who voted for them is getting what they deserve.

Based on the Cons' election promises, they would've done to exactly the same thing. They basically ran an NDP lite campaign.

I agree, it was a stupid idea to try and out NDP the NDP, but I still think they only did that cause people kept voting for the damned NDP so they figured that was how to get votes.
"You know me to be a very smart man. Don’t you think that if I were wrong, I’d know it?"
17to85

Postby peg_city » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:36 pm

I'm surprised the NDP had the balls to do this. They're going to get hammered until 2015 by the media/public. This may cost them the election (if people will still care 2 years from now).
peg_city

Postby peg_city » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:38 pm

Mark H. wrote:

shhh, don't tell anyone.
peg_city

Postby road griller » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:42 pm

peg_city wrote:I'm surprised the NDP had the balls to do this. They're going to get hammered until 2015 by the media/public. This may cost them the election (if people will still care 2 years from now).

Thats why they are doing it now, in 2015 its old news. If it does go to what it is intended for then fine. It will create jobs and help the province in the long run. Look what the "tax freeze" did to our city, now it will cost way more because it is so run down.

The Cons were jumping up and down about expanding the floodway, looks like money well spent now.

In the end the governments at every level want all our spare change, our right wing mayor/council has sure been dipping deep. Raising taxes and creating new fees and raising the costs of existing ones.

My advice. Don't worry, be happy!

Winners win, losers lose.
road griller

Postby Firstname_Lastname » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:21 pm

Such a great way to kill the middle class, tax them to death, just to give the cash to the Rothschild banking cartel.

Sellinger should be tarred and feathered, Katz should be impeached, Harper should be thrown in jail for treason, don't get me started on Bush, Cheney, Obama, ALL DOMESTIC TERRORISTS!

Tax the 1%, not the 99%.

Soon we will be free from this oppressive regime, it's time for change and truth, expose the elite scum trash bags.....

Environmentalism is the new facism.
Firstname_Lastname

Postby road griller » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:32 pm

You make jonovision seem 20/20.
Winners win, losers lose.
road griller

Next

Return to General Discussion

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts