Ourbombers.com - Winnipeg Blue Bombers Message Board

Unoffical Bombers Board since 1997

Trudeau wins liberal leadership

All non-CFL football related discussion

Moderators: Colin Unger, Raydawg, bigg jay, kenny23

Postby road griller » Wed May 08, 2013 6:21 pm

I wonder if the Cons believe they won the last election because people actually wanted them?

Instead of winning because there was really no competition. If Layton was a Lib the Cons do not get a majority or even a minority.

In any case it will be interesting to see if the mouth breathers keep running the attack ads because that is their go to, and pretty much only move.

Or do they actually try something new, either way they are in deep. No way they win a majority now that the Libs dropped the J-Bomb.
Winners win, losers lose.
road griller

Postby Do or Die » Thu May 09, 2013 2:03 pm

The land is strong deux.......
"You can see a lot...just by observing"
Yogi Berra
Do or Die

Postby iso_55 » Sun May 12, 2013 3:27 am

The Conservative's secret weapon... Thomas Mulcair. :wink:
iso_55

Postby road griller » Sun May 12, 2013 10:40 am

iso_55 wrote:The Conservative's secret weapon... Thomas Mulcair. :wink:

A weaker NDP is bad news for the Cons. They needed Layton to help split the votes with the Libs.

Now the Libs sweep Quebec, take half of Ont. and nothing else really matters.

Ya just gotta vote for a guy named Justin.
road griller

Postby Kelownabomberfan » Mon May 13, 2013 5:10 pm

road griller wrote:

I understand when it's a QB playing for Winnipeg, but you'll have to show me a platform first that I agree with before I'll look at voting for the Liberal version. Then of course there is all of the negativity associated with his last name. I know he's not his daddy, and hopefully in a good way (actually I don't think he could be worse) but I still can't shake the bad smell I have from having lived through the brutal Trudeau era. What a piece of crap that man was.
Willypeg 2015
Kelownabomberfan

Postby road griller » Sat May 18, 2013 7:50 pm

Ever since Justin pounded that Con in the ring he has had some serious SWAG.

The Clownservatives have been in a tailspin, crashing even faster than most thought.

Does not matter what the platform is, the Libs win the next election.
road griller

Postby iso_55 » Sun May 19, 2013 12:04 am

Kelownabomberfan wrote:
road griller wrote:

I understand when it's a QB playing for Winnipeg, but you'll have to show me a platform first that I agree with before I'll look at voting for the Liberal version. Then of course there is all of the negativity associated with his last name. I know he's not his daddy, and hopefully in a good way (actually I don't think he could be worse) but I still can't shake the bad smell I have from having lived through the brutal Trudeau era. What a piece of crap that man was.

If the economy is good, the Conservatives will win. No one in their right mind is going to vote for a nutbar like Mulcair whose only strategy is divide & conquer in favour of Quebec. Trudeau? We'll see. If he brings the Liberals back to official opposition status then he'll have done a yeoman'sjob.
iso_55

Postby road griller » Sun May 19, 2013 9:42 am

iso_55 wrote:
Kelownabomberfan wrote:
road griller wrote:

If the economy is good, the Conservatives will win. No one in their right mind is going to vote for a nutbar like Mulcair whose only strategy is divide & conquer in favour of Quebec. Trudeau? We'll see. If he brings the Liberals back to official opposition status then he'll have done a yeoman'sjob.

The Cons are imploding. Like the old saying goes, wanna get rid of the Cons for awhile, give them a majority.

The NDP will go back to where they were, maybe less. Those votes go to the Libs. Along with many of the people that were fooled by the Cons in the last few elections.

Libs win, its just a matter of a minority or majority for Dreamboat Justin.

Go Goltz Go!
road griller

Postby Kelownabomberfan » Tue May 21, 2013 10:57 am

road griller wrote:

Well then I hope that Justin recruits you as his campaign manager. The provincial NDP went into the election here in BC with the same attitude, that they couldn't lose, so therefore they didn't need to put out a platform. Their leader was incredibly arrogant and even decided half way through the election that if elected, he would kill a $5 billion pipeline project, without telling the rest of his party, just to try and get Green Party votes. That scared off all of the votes that were going his way in terms of a protest vote against the incumbent Liberals, and he got his *** handed to him on election night.

In the end, "it's the economy stupid", and if Justin doesn't get that, he's going to be scrapping with the NDP for the far left piece of the pie, and the bonehead vote in Quebec. If he puts Green Party votes ahead of the economy, he'll just be another Stephan Dion. While Mulcair and JT squabble over the scraps on the left, Harper will once again feast on the banquet table that is the center vote in this country. It won't matter if Mike Duffy is made Governor General and charges up $1 million of extremely questionable expenses. All the center cares about is - who is going to make sure we have a job. And if it's not Justin, they'll vote for the other guy.
Willypeg 2015
Kelownabomberfan

Postby road griller » Tue May 21, 2013 2:56 pm

Kelownabomberfan wrote:
road griller wrote:

Well then I hope that Justin recruits you as his campaign manager. The provincial NDP went into the election here in BC with the same attitude, that they couldn't lose, so therefore they didn't need to put out a platform. Their leader was incredibly arrogant and even decided half way through the election that if elected, he would kill a $5 billion pipeline project, without telling the rest of his party, just to try and get Green Party votes. That scared off all of the votes that were going his way in terms of a protest vote against the incumbent Liberals, and he got his *** handed to him on election night.

In the end, "it's the economy stupid", and if Justin doesn't get that, he's going to be scrapping with the NDP for the far left piece of the pie, and the bonehead vote in Quebec. If he puts Green Party votes ahead of the economy, he'll just be another Stephan Dion. While Mulcair and JT squabble over the scraps on the left, Harper will once again feast on the banquet table that is the center vote in this country. It won't matter if Mike Duffy is made Governor General and charges up $1 million of extremely questionable expenses. All the center cares about is - who is going to make sure we have a job. And if it's not Justin, they'll vote for the other guy.

Justin will do just fine, the platform will be mild sauce. The Cons will be the ones going in with thier heads in the clouds.

In the end they fumbled the ball, beat by their own rules. Clean things up eh! You need us to run the economy. Blah, blah, blah, pretty simple to run the Canadian economy, keep using Alberta (now Sask) as the ATM and everything will be fine.

Now the people have a choice, that's what was missing in the last few elections.
road griller

Postby Kelownabomberfan » Tue May 21, 2013 3:07 pm

road griller wrote:
In the end they fumbled the ball, beat by their own rules. Clean things up eh! You need us to run the economy. Blah, blah, blah, pretty simple to run the Canadian economy, keep using Alberta (now Sask) as the ATM and everything will be fine.

See, you get that. But will Justin? I don't think so. I think he's too in bed with his Eastern handlers right now, who still think people want to "shut down the oil sands". No, people want jobs.

Now the people have a choice, that's what was missing in the last few elections.

I think it will take more than one election for this to happen. Justin is far too young and inexperienced, and not very bright, from what I've seen.

Willypeg 2015
Kelownabomberfan

Postby road griller » Tue May 21, 2013 3:18 pm

^ Nice pic, was that one left over from the fight between Dreamboat Justin and the Con? I think it was the same thinking anyway. Lets rumble alright. POW!

The Libs will sit back and let the Cons sink themselves, it will be a very calculated election run. Stay the course and let the feet enter the Con mouths one after the other.

Its all over but the lying.
road griller

Postby 17to85 » Tue May 21, 2013 3:28 pm

Here's the thing about the Conservatives and elections.... They know what their base is and they know which ridings they have a chance at taking, their entire strategy isn't broad across the board support, it's targetting key areas to win ridings to get seats and form government. The real battle here is whether the Liberals can push the conservatives out of Ontario suburbs. The conservatives may be dealing with bad press, but they're quite experienced with that, and they do know their business when it comes to election strategies. Lot of things yet to be seen about the liberals under Trudeau. I think the NDP stand to lose the most quite honestly, then it will come down to key ridings going either blue or red.
"You know me to be a very smart man. Don’t you think that if I were wrong, I’d know it?"
17to85

Postby grumpy old man » Tue May 21, 2013 3:36 pm

In my view mulcair gets toasted. trudeau will make a much bigger difference than dion and iggy and that will translate into more votes. The bloc will pick up most of the seats the ndp loses in quebec.

And harper keeps his majority.
grumpy old man

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts