Ourbombers.com - Winnipeg Blue Bombers Message Board

Unoffical Bombers Board since 1997

UFC in Winnipeg June 15th

All non-CFL football related discussion

Moderators: Colin Unger, Raydawg, bigg jay, kenny23

Postby itchy » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:41 pm

dhfromkw wrote:
itchy wrote:Anybody know if Jets season ticket holders get to get in on presale?

Not that I am one, but I'll have to kiss some butt if it works the same as for bomber season ticket holders and the Taylor Swift tix.

Due to the likely high demand for this event, I'm assuming only P1 season ticket holders will be given dibs on tickets, as they pay the $500/per year seat license which includes pre-sale to every event at MTS Centre.

I don't think this will be like other events at MTS Centre where every season ticket holder or Wait List member gets a pre-sale code before the general onsale date. ex. NBA exhibition game, or other concerts you can tell would not sell out to begin with

Thanks- very helpful info! Wasn't sure if it was every event or select events or for everyone. I agree with you, the demand will be there, unlike some other events
Curahee!
itchy

Postby bigg jay » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:47 am

A couple more Canadians added to the card:

Ryan Jimmo takes on Igor Pokrajac & Mitch Clarke will fight John Maguire.

Still a couple more fights to be added, Roland Delorme vs TBA will be one of them & the other is up in the air. Sarah Kaufman is pushing for that spot & Krzyzstof Soszynski (depending on his hand healing well) is being considered as well.
bigg jay

Postby bigg jay » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:25 pm

Delorme has announced he will be taking on Edwin Figueroa.
bigg jay

Postby bigg jay » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:05 am

Added Yves Jabouin vs Dustin Pague to the card.

Tickets start going on sale next Wednesday but prices still have not been announced.
bigg jay

Postby bigg jay » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:16 am

And just as I post that... ticket prices have been announced:

Tickets are priced at $50, $90, $150, $250, $350 and $500.
bigg jay

Postby bigg jay » Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:00 pm

And now we have a women's fight added to the card. Rosi Sexton is taking on Alexis Davis (who will be fighting here for the 3rd time in her career).
bigg jay

Postby dhfromkw » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:56 am

I just got a pre-sale code for UFC tickets through my Bombers season ticket account.

I was not expecting this, but I'll take it! :)
dhfromkw

Postby bigg jay » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:39 pm

Got it too, it's for the Thursday pre-sale (UFC Fight Club members have their pre-sale start tomorrow). I'm assuming Jets season ticket holders are getting the same pre-sale as the Bomber ticket holders are.

I'd be pretty pissed if I was a P1 season ticket holder though... they pay $500 (per ticket) every year for a club membership which is supposed to get you 1st crack at any event coming to the MTS Centre, which does not appear to be the case in this instance.
bigg jay

Postby bigg jay » Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:50 pm

Looks like Jets P1 ticket holders do get 1st crack at these tickets. Their pre-sale started at 2pm today.
bigg jay

Postby BVD » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:47 pm

Looks like I'll be going , unfortunately sitting way way way up so it'll be interesting to watch a live event from so far up. I'm used to cage side at CFC which is awesome to view the stand up (crappy for when it hits the ground).
BVD

Postby bigg jay » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:59 pm

It'll be an adjustment for sure but it won't be as bad as it was for people in the nosebleeds at the Skydome a couple years ago!

The UFC always brings in a bunch of big screens & stuff so you'll always be able to see what's going on.

Looks like ticket sales are doing well. Ticketmaster only has pairs (or more) of tickets in the top 2 price categories left and the general sale doesn't start until tomorrow. Bottom 4 categories are sold out or down to single tickets.
bigg jay

Postby dhfromkw » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:00 pm

There were quite a few presale passwords floating around for this event.

Still a little surprised by the Bombers' one, which I used to snag three tickets in the cheapest price category. Curiosity got the best of me, I had to check out the UFC live.
dhfromkw

Postby bigg jay » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:20 pm

I know of three pre-sale passwords that were for today.

The Bombers one didn't suprise me, I assume all Jets season ticket holders (maybe even Goldeyes) got one as well. I was more suprised that Saskatchewan people with SaskTel also got their own pre-sale code.

The UFC also posted another code on Wednesday on the forum at mixedmartialarts.com (which kind of defeats the purpose of signing up for the newsletter to get the code imo).
bigg jay

Postby BlueBallz » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:19 am

bigg jay wrote:Delorme has announced he will be taking on Edwin Figueroa.

That's my boy!! whoo hoo Roland!!! Metis represent!!
"We have enough youth, how about a fountain of SMART?"

Madness takes it's toll....please have exact change.
BlueBallz

Postby bigg jay » Sun May 19, 2013 1:22 am

Looks like the main event might be off. Barao hurt his foot & will know on Monday if he can compete or not (looks bad at this point).

The UFC is considering moving Mark Hunt vs Junior Dos Santos to the card as a replacement. They are scheduled to fight on May 25th but Hunt is having visa issues & with less than a week to go, they might run out of time.
bigg jay

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts