Ourbombers.com - Winnipeg Blue Bombers Message Board

Unoffical Bombers Board since 1997

Local Winnipeg Restaurant Reviews

All non-CFL football related discussion

Moderators: Colin Unger, Raydawg, bigg jay, kenny23

Postby bigg jay » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:56 pm

Wild Wing is aiming to open at the end of January if everything goes as planned. They haven't given an official date but they're saying they'll announce it this week.
bigg jay

Postby bigg jay » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:03 pm

RE 5 Guys.

It's not so much hate as people aren't overly impressed. It's only got a 66% approval rating on urbanspoon.com so that tells you that it's not just a couple people who aren't fans.

Yes, you will be full when you go there but you can get more bang for your buck elsewhere and that sometimes goes a long way (especially in Winnipeg).

That $20 dollars at 5 guys will get you 2 plain burgers & 1 regular fries while a block away at the Burger Factory it'll get you 2 Factory Special combo's. If you've never had one, a Factory Special is a huge burger that comes with 2 patties, cheese, bacon & whatever else you choose from their toppings.
bigg jay

Postby DeeBoy » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:36 pm

I do miss the Burger Factory.
The truth is that you always know the right thing to do.....The hard part is doing it.
DeeBoy

Postby viperj » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:14 pm

more reviews!!!!?!?!

I want to know if anyone has been to Woody's?
I also want to know if Papa Johns is comparable to the states?
The Movie Man
viperj

Postby Super Duper Negatron » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:50 pm

viperj wrote:more reviews!!!!?!?!

I want to know if anyone has been to Woody's?
I also want to know if Papa Johns is comparable to the states?

I ordered a Papa John's thin crust, and it was really bland. I may give it one more chance.
I don't know who told you pouting was an option for you, but all you're making me feel right now is hatred of Renee Zellweger.
Super Duper Negatron

Postby Jaxon » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:42 pm

Chaosmonkey wrote:
Obby is opening up a Shawarma place, not ready yet though. There are two places in Winnipeg to get Shawama now, one on ellice at maryland, (Shawarma time) and one up main, forget the name.

Had lunch at Shawarma Khan today. It was awesome. I like Shawarma to start, so I was excited to give it a go.

Ordered the Beef/Lamb platter. Comes with 2 salads, potatoes, rice, sauces, meat, pita. Way too much, but it was very very good. Portion was more than I should eat, but couldn't stop.

Went in DB size, came out O-Line size.
I support amateur football.
Jaxon

Postby grumpy old man » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:47 pm

Speaking of awesome, I had lunch at Carnaval today. Seriously GOOD BBQ. Highly recommend.
grumpy old man

Postby BVD » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:56 pm

grumpy old man wrote:Speaking of awesome, I had lunch at Carnaval today. Seriously GOOD BBQ. Highly recommend.

I've heard nothing but A+++ reviews from friends and coworkers. Would this place be better then Hermanos?
BVD

Postby bigg jay » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:51 pm

I've tried out Wild Wing a couple times now & had mixed experiences. The 1st time I got it to go & they messed my order, which I didn't realize until I got home so it kind of skewed my initial impression of the place. I tried it a 2nd time the other day (eating in this time) and definitely enjoyed it.

I've heard it can get packed in there on a Friday/Saturday night & after being there I can see why, it's very small! They go for a sports bar feel, big screens on each wall, 4 big screens in the middle (picture a jumbo tron), and each both has it's own small screen tv. The service was pretty good, not outstanding but nothing to complain about either.

Me & my buddy each tried the wing sampler (4 flavors in groups of 5 wings) because they don't let you do half orders (ie 1/2lb of one flavour & 1/2 lb of another) & they have 101 flavours so it can be hard to narrow your choice down to one or two. We both have different tastes for wings (he likes them so hot he cries - which he did from one of them! lol) while I like more flavourful wings. We both got what we wanted and were very happy with the flavours we got. We did ask the waitress for recommendations and she didn't steer us wrong. The wings were decent sized & tasted fresh so we were both full off what we had.

I'd definitely recommend checking it out but I would suggest not going at a peak time.
bigg jay

Postby grumpy old man » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:26 pm

BVD wrote:
grumpy old man wrote:Speaking of awesome, I had lunch at Carnaval today. Seriously GOOD BBQ. Highly recommend.

I've heard nothing but A+++ reviews from friends and coworkers. Would this place be better then Hermanos?

Never been to Hermanos.
grumpy old man

Postby viperj » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:55 pm

Had the wings from Hattricks Bar and Grill, if you saw the place before they did such a great job of renovating it. Every Tues and Thurs wings are 3.50 cant go wrong, great menu and lots of Tv's. FYI just in case you haven't been!
The Movie Man
viperj

Postby BVD » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:01 pm

viperj wrote:Had the wings from Hattricks Bar and Grill, if you saw the place before they did such a great job of renovating it. Every Tues and Thurs wings are 3.50 cant go wrong, great menu and lots of Tv's. FYI just in case you haven't been!

Is this the place way down Portage? I tried to go to Hat Tricks last night to watch the game but it was packed. The waitresses looked very hot but the place itself was extremely dark and could use some more windows or brighter lights.
BVD

Postby grumpy old man » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:55 am

Mark H. wrote:
grumpy old man wrote:
BVD wrote:

Never been to Hermanos.

Then do yourself a huge favour next time you're in Winnipeg...

I live in Winnipeg. I will most certainly check them out!
grumpy old man

Postby Taynted_Fayth » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:30 am

Went to try famous Dave's on lag and renders (sp?) Place had people out the door and it was 7:30 wed night. Asked waitress how long for a table for 2 she said anywhere from 15 mins to 2 hours :? So went to Montana's for their all u can eat ribs on wed, been a while since I did that still fricken awesome, tho don't really need the sides that come with it. Just gimme a beer and the ribs a coming. Tried Texas bold, honey garlic and chipotle honey ribs all wicked good. Might have to go back again and try the other flavors
"There I go... One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"
Taynted_Fayth

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts