Ourbombers.com - Winnipeg Blue Bombers Message Board

Unoffical Bombers Board since 1997

Movie Review of the day! Updated May June 14 | 2014

All non-CFL football related discussion

Moderators: Colin Unger, Raydawg, bigg jay, kenny23

Postby viperj » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:12 am

Grown Ups 2

The Lowdown:
I was going to make a pros and cons list, and so I kept thinking about this list over and over again, and really came to the conclusion that this movie really sucked the big one. I liked the first one, there was really no story line but it was really nice to see the group of friends get together and do nothing, but it was fun! This time around this concept does not work; and I strongly disliked it. This is not a funny movie, and at times it's really painful (all the stuff with Taylor Lautner) is downright nasty to watch, I dont recommend it. All in all, I cant really say much that the critics have said. Grown Ups 2 starring the entire cast from the first one minus Rob Schneider is just a sad and cruel joke and I do not wish this on anyone. Sure, there are some funny scenes don't get me wrong, but in the end, I wish this bus would've kept going down that road.

Plot: 4
Cast: 4
Dialogue: 5
Scenes: 5
Entertainment: 4

Overall" 4.4
The Movie Man
viperj

Postby viperj » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:05 pm

Bad Grandpa

The Lowdown:
Bad Grandpa starring Johnny Knoxville is as good as you make it in your mind. I know that's crazy, but it's true. One of the first scenes in the movie is Johnny's "wife" coming out of a casket, if you can laugh at it, then this movie will be for you, if you can't laugh then this movie will be a giant waste of time. I thought for the most part Bad Grandpa was fairly funny, there were a lot a funny scenes that had me dying, but it was all the stuff in between that I felt was flat. Bad Grandpa tried to be a story, and I guess it was needed to be in there, I don't think that stuff was impressive enough. All in all, there is some hilarious stuff that had me dying with laughter, and I'll admit, I laughed at the really sick stuff! Knoxville does what he can with this movie, and I hope that it's lighting his fire to do another Jackass movie. There is a lot of dull stuff in here as well, so I don't think it'll be a top comedy for the year for me, but it's definitely a movie that has it's moments.

Plot: 7
Cast: 7
Dialogue: 6
Scenes: 8
Entertainment: 7.5

Overall: 7.1
The Movie Man
viperj

Postby BVD » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:55 am

viperj wrote:White House Down

+Decent movie, lots of good action and some humour.
+Tatum solid, I thought Jamie Foxx playing the President was a little weird; that didn't work for me.
+Better than Olympus has Fallen, less gory for sure which was nice.
+Plot flowed, just when you thought the movie was over, a few more twists and turns.
+Good acting, I was moved by the father and daughter relationship.

Cast: 8
Dialogue: 8
Scenes: 7.5

Overall: 7.6

I just watched this movie and by far the worst movie I seen in the last several years.

Atrociously bad acting by Jamie Foxx and Channing Tatum.
Awful special effects.
Terrible plot nd god awful amount of cliches
This reminded me of 2013 version of Commando they even have the "Bennett" bad guy with same outfit and same facial hair
I felt more dumb the more I watched this pile of crap
So many plot holes that I can't even fathom making a list , but it was comical watching the presidents car getting shot by a mini gun and the 1000's of military guys only 50 feet away watching rather then helping him out. Also the idea that a car can withstand about 500 shots fro a mini gun is hilarious.

I can't believe this crap was made, it made Olympus Has Fallen look like Oscar material.

1/10 not even that. It's so bad that its not even enjoyable to watch and laugh at it. Avoid at all costs watch Olympus instead.
BVD

Postby viperj » Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:38 am

The Lone Ranger
Starring Johnny Depp and Armie Hammer, The Lone Ranger is a mixed bag of fruit with some fruit in the bag moldy and some fresh and appealing.

The Good: Nice to see Johnny Depp play a character other than Jack Sparrow, while he hides his emotions behind face paint, he is still a talented actor. Action and set pieces were done well, it really felt like the old western days, which was good. Finale train scene was done well, exciting and done very well.

The Bad: The first problem is the movie is just way too long; cut it by atleast half an hour. There are a lot of characters in the film, that are given the light of day on screen, but we know nothing about them. I thought the action scenes were fairly good, but I didn't really have enough to wet my appetite. Tone of movie was confusing, this was supposed to be a family movie, and there are some scenes that are a little risquee with large amounts of violence. Cast and supporting cast can't save uneven script. Armie Hammer is not a lead character, he is a supporting cast member at best.

In the end the movie is a little too long, the script is a little uneven in terms of what is acceptable for a family movie, and the cast and supporting cast are just there as the movie goes on and on. There are some good action scenes, but I would've expected more for a 250 million budget.

Plot: 5
Cast: 5
Scenes: 5.5
Entertainment: 6

Overall: 5.5

Man of Steel

Starring Henry Cavill, Amy Adams, Kevin Costner and Russel Crowe, Super Man is back!

The Good:
Man of Steel is visually stunning from beginning to end. I think that this is easily Zach Snider's best piece of work since 300. I thought Cavill played and looked like Super Man in many ways, I don't think he was as good as Christopher Reeves, he still held his own. Supporting cast was good, I liked Amy Adams, she was believable, and I thought bad guy Michael Shannon was spot on and not annoying like I find he can be at times. Script was good, a little long, but it's a super man movie so that's okay.

The Bad:
I thought some of the screen play was a little reckless...I didn't think the flashbacks technically worked very well, I thought Kevin Costner didn't receive ample time on screen. I felt that while Cavill came off as a great Super Man, I didn't feel like I really knew him, there wasn't enough character devolpment for him. His chemistry with Amy Adams was painful; didn't for me.

In the end Man of Steel is a popcorn movie with lots of money behind it. There's lots of amazing action sequences that make it worthy of some of the best out there, but theres the negatives of spotty acting and lack of character development. All in All, not a bad effort, but definitely not a movie of the year like many proclaim.

Plot: 7.5
Dialogue: 8
Scenes: 9.5
Entertainment: 9.5

Overall: 8.5

Drinking Buddies

Starring Olivia Wilde, Anna Kendrick, Jake Johnson and Ron Livingston

Plot:
Although they're both seeing other people, there's an undeniable spark between work pals Kate (Wilde) and Luke (Johnson). When they're left to spend the weekend together, unanswered questions fill the air.

The Lowdown:
A non formulaic rom-com with additions of fairly good acting, and a script of mostly improv, Drinking Buddies tastes like 5 day old beer that I forgot on my kitchen counter. The cast does a good job of giving the movie substance, and it was refreshing to see a comedy not follow most rom-com movies. In the end though, the movie just becomes way too flat, because these characters are just throwing up ad libs, it's really hard to get to know these characters. There are some riveting scenes done well (the moving scene.) This film is just a straight up non thinker let's just watch something different kind of film; and that might wet your appetite.

Plot: 6
Dialogue: 7
Scenes: 6.5
Entertainment: 6.5

Overall: 6.6

Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters

Starring: Logan Lerman

Plot:
Percy Jackson, the son of Poseidon, continues his epic journey to fulfill his destiny, as he teams with his demigod friends to retrieve the Golden Fleece, which has the power to save their home and training ground, Camp Half-Blood.

The Lowdown:
It's an easy film to pick apart, but I'll try and stay away from that, as I actually enjoyed this rendition. It might not be as solid as the first epic adventure, but it still has it's bright spots. It's another movie that lacks character depth minus the star Lerman, and you can tell that there were small strides, but it was obvious about fifteen minutes in that there was going to be a few misses. Gone are the strong supporting cast and instead finding at sea some fairly strong CGI work that has Percy Jackson in a bind; while not mind blowing, some scenes were done fairly well. I felt that at the end of the movie, even though considering this was translated from a book, that there needs to be less Harry Potter shinanigans and maybe more depth and more dark. It's a fun movie that you can't go wrong with, but if you haven't seen the first one, I'd start you off with that adventure first and if you enjoyed that, you will probably enjoy this.

Plot: 6.5
Dialogue: 7

Overall: 7.1

The worlds End
Starring: Simon Pegg and Nick Frost

The Lowdown:
Basically, this film comes down to whether or not you liked Hot Fuz and Shaun of the Dead, if you liked them then, The World's End will be an epic adventure. However, if you strongly dispised both films, then I'd turn and run away now. I, didn't see Shaun of the Dead, but I did throughly enjoy Hot Fuzz and I did also enjoy The World's End. For me, it was a good adventure with little to no thinking and it made me really want to go to England, and hit up these bars that we see, and I want to have a good time. That is what makes a movie so great, is that you want to be a part of the action. Simon Pegg is a genius and his sidekick Nick Frost are basically these really cool dudes, and you can tell they have great chemistry and they want to do these movies together. Sure, the plot is a little absurd, and it's a little flimsy and if you paid close enough attention, you'd see that there were countless hints as to what what was going to happen throughout the film. I wouldn't say the movie is funny or comedic, but there were elements that made it funny at times. The script is straight to the point, and at the end of the film you were left wanting more.

Plot: 8
Cast: 9.5
Dialogue: 9
Scenes: 10
Entertainment: 10

Overall: 9.3
The Movie Man
viperj

Postby BVD » Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:55 pm

Viper we must have polar opposites of interests in movies it's almost like a Siskel and Ebert thing....

I watched The World's End with 6 other guys this past week and everyone was completely disappointed in the movie. Simon Pegg is very unlikeable and does a very bad job of acting in this one. Frost is definitely much better in this flick.

I thought the movie was just really boring and full of whining and dull scenes, it was like a very poor mans version of "The Watch". I had to convince my friends to stay till the end because they were all falling asleep and were bored to tears of watching Simon Pegg running around drinking beers with his 50 year old friends. I'm a huge fan of Shaun of the Dead and was greatly disappointed by this movie. It really has absolutely nothing at all to offer for anyone, no laughs, no action, no story and it drags quite a bit.

2/10

This is the End I thought was pretty slow and crappy itself was way more funnier and at least had some decent action and some good scenes. I'd give that a much higher score 6/10 then the WOrld's End.
BVD

Postby BVD » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:21 pm

Watched some more movies today...

Man Of Steel I agree 8.5/10 really well done and much better then the last reboot and the original cheesy Reeves movies.

Pacific Rim - Pure eye candy and awesome special effects and fight scenes that dwarf the god awful acting. 8/10

Now you See Me - Very fun and enjoyable movie that had me guessing all the way through till the end. Highly recommend watching this one as it's a good movie for a wide variety of people to watch. 9/10

Grown Ups 2 - Somewhat guilty pleasure it had moments that made me laugh, this is definitely better then the Sandler crap like Jack and Jill or That's my Boy. It's still not a great comedy by any means but it is at least watchable. 6/10
BVD

Postby viperj » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:21 am

BVD Regarding The World's End, I know it wasn't a mind blowing mind warping film, but I just had a lot of fun with it...for me, it was a well done and a fun movie...no harm done in disagreeing with me.
The Movie Man
viperj

Postby viperj » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:24 am

The Wolverine
All in all, I wasn't expecting such a violent affair, I know there's more movies out there that’ll make you squirm, but I thought being a DC movie; things would've been a little more family friendly. None the less, Hugh Jackman is solid like usual, the supporting cast was all Chinese, and at times it was hard to hear the dialogue; fairly empty though in terms of support. There were a lot of cool and well done scenes including really neat train scene. All in all, The Wolverine was fairly good, and a movie with a lot of depth to it.

Cast: 6
Dialogue: 7.5
Scenes: 7
Overall: 7

Gravity
Gravity was a visually stunning movie that should win a lot of Oscars. From the get go things never let up, after about ten minutes, you see these crazy special effects that’ll blow you away. The work of Sandra Bullock cannot go unnoticed, she is just that great of an actress to be able to hold a movie by herself for the entire time. Sure things got a little far fetched at times, but I can look past that. I can’t say much more about this film but to see it for yourself.

Plot: 9
Cast: 9.5
Dialogue: 9
Scenes: 9.5
Overall: 9.4

The Great Gatsby
Gatsby is another visually satisfying film that came out in 2013. I find that I don’t really enjoy “time pieces” of the olden days, but there was something about Gatsby that brought me in, it could’ve been the dialogue which was smart and narrative. I think the casting of Tobey Maguire was good, as it was good to see him come out of the Spiderman shell and see him excell at something like this. There are a lot of positives about this film, and seeing the big parties thrown, it made me want to be there. I liked the part of bringing in the newer songs as the backdrop to these parties; some might not like that, but I did. All in all, this was a modestly good film, by no means perfect, but I found a good balance to all, and as soon as the climax comes, the movie goes full throttle and I loved it. I really did.

Entertainment: 8.5
Overall: 7.9

Don Jon
Oh man, Don Jon, I don’t know how I feel about you! At times, you are a good movie, but at other times, it’s just a cliche ridden film with no sense of realism. First of all, they made Scarlet Johanssen’s character irritating as heck. I love her, shes great, shes a great actress, but her character had no sense of change or even no sense of realism; her character stayed the same over time, and I thought to take the movie to the next step, we’re stuck in no mans land. I like the story of Don Jon, for the most part it’s pretty good, but then about half way through you start to unravel all the pieces and you see that this movie needs work. From the unneeded cursing, to the bad accents, and to a plot involving an older woman, most of it just stops working and the movie just runs its course. Joseph Gordon Levitt is a great actor, dont get me wrong, but at the end, he cannot save this film. Sure, I love to look at Scarlett and she’s sexy in this film, but with little development in her character, things start to unravel fairly quickly.

Scenes: 7
Entertainment: 7
Overall: 6.9

The Hobbit
The Hobbit starts off fairly slow for me, but it really picks up and it picks up in a crazy and intense way. I didn’t read the books, so I don’t know how close everything is to the books so I’ll just judge by the movie itself. Hobbit is a great movie, and it’s good to see Peter Jackson bring this story to life. The story telling is just an enjoyment, I loved the fight scenes, they are enganging and creative. Overall, the themes and the tones of The Hobbit is exactly what makes this movie such a treat. It’s not perfect in many ways as I mentioned it does take a while to get things going, and there’s the feeling that you couldn’t care for a lot of characters due to increased time for other key members. All in all, a good start to the new trilogy.

Dialogue: 8.5
Scenes: 9
Overall: 8.7

Elysium
I won’t get into this film too much; as it was a very bad movie. It was almost the most disapointing film of the year, had it not been for a few others...(im writing this at 4 in the morning, my mind is blank!) Elysium is just bad, you have Jodie Foster with one of the worst accents in movie cinematography, you have Matt Damon who does not want to be in this movie, you can tell and you can see it, he’s saying us to get him out of this world because he cannot handle making this atrocious mess. What really makes the movie flat beyond repair is just the overall story is a wash. I thought the movie would’ve been a big fight movie, you have Damon on the cover of the movie wearing this contraption, but there’s not a lot of fighting going on, and secondly the character devolpment is just a mockery. The bad guy Sharlto Copley who steals the movie, is spot on as a bad guy, but his accent does to get the worst of him, it’s a rich and deep accent, so I found at times I didn’t know what he was saying. In the end, I was glad the movie was over. I couldn’t do anymore. Damon tried his best, but you cant save a film when you have Jodie Foster playing a bad person with a horrifying accent, and a movie with no depth and constructive ideas. Stay Away!

Cast: 6
Scenes: 5.5
Entertainment: 6
Overall: 5.9

The Heat
Funny movie starring Sandra Bullock and Melisa McCarthy, basically Melissa takes the cake and I dont mean that literally or in a mean way, but she is front and center what makes this movie as good as it was. The script was hilarious and I thought the screen play was done pretty good. I felt that at times some of the action scenes were a little on the cheesy side and feeling that it was one of those cheap straight to DVD movies, but everything was overcome and it was good to see Sandra Bullock not play such a serious role. All in all, a funny movie with no thinking involved and one of the funniest of the year.

Cast: 10
Dialogue: 10
Scenes: 8
Entertainment: 9
Overall: 9

Rush
I'll be honest, this film might be one of my favorites of the year. Sure, there's really not much character exploration involved. What I mean by that is this film basically sets itself up within the first two minutes of what will eventually become a big plot twist. If you don't know the story(as I didn't) this film is based on a true story, so I didn't know who anyone was in this film or even how accurate the film was. What I can tell you is the cinematography is top notch from director Ron Howard, oh man, it honestly felt like I was watching a 70's movie it was that real and honest. The racing part of the film was a little dull, there was some money involved with some of the high speed crashes, but I don't think there was anything involved in that aspect as different or unique. Starring Chris Hemsworth, I thought he played a good part but his character really never evolved, and that's one of the things I look into when I watch a movie. None the less, I pity you if you don't see this, and if you hear that Olivia Wilde plays a big part, you are being lied to, her character wasn't needed and I don't understand the brief 5 minute inclusion of her. Too bad I say.

Plot: 8.5
Scenes: 9
Entertainment: 9.5
Overall: 8.5
The Movie Man
viperj

Postby BVD » Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:56 am

I just watched the Lone Ranger and would somewhat agree with your review above. I wouldn't hold the budget against the movie, the special effects are quite good.

My main gripes was the movie was to long (nearly 2.5 hours) they could of done away with the old tonto bits to shorten the movie up and possibly shorten the scenes where they make the Lone Ranger into a sissy whiny baby.

The movie is enjoyable to watch if you turn your brain off, I definitely agree with this being a Depp vanity project because all the comical and better scenes involve him when it should be about the Lone Ranger.
BVD

Postby viperj » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:36 am

more reviews soon!
The Movie Man
viperj

Postby viperj » Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:16 am

Slacking big time over here! Holy! Took a little time off to take care of some stuff and I'm back better than ever. I went on a Oscar nominations spree and only got through 4 of the 9 movies which was sad.

I wont go into full detail about what I thought but these the movies that I watched:

American Hustle 8.2
Wolf of Wall Street 9.7/10
Captain Phillips 6.7/10
Gravity 8.5/10

I also watched Thor last night so I'll include that.

Out of the 4 Award nominees, my favorite movie by far was Wolf of Wall Street. I thought the movie was the most fun, and I thought the movie was just this jubilant creation of film work that no other movie could come close to. Of course, Hustle and Gravity were great movies don't get me wrong; both of them had their own pros and cons. Hustle was a smart movie with great character work, and Gravity had great special effects, but low on the character part. Wolf of Wall Street had everything going for it, and I was bummed they didn't win the big award. I knew it wasn't going to happen, but atleast that was the movie I was rooting for.

Captain Phillips I didn't like very much, I know it was based on a true story, but I just thought the story was weak and I didn't feel satisfied till the end, and that was when the movie was over. There were too many loose ends to make the story credible. 6.7/10

As for Thor, I didn't like Thor very much. I thought it was one of the weaker Marvel movies that has come out in the last few years. It was slow, there wasn't a lot of action, the story was fairly deep, but I couldn't get emotional behind it. I look forward to Thor 3 and hopefully they can balance a little better the action scenes to the story. 6.5/10
The Movie Man
viperj

Postby viperj » Sat May 17, 2014 2:27 pm

Her
I liked Her, it was a charming movie, it was a little bit on the slow side and I thought there was going to be a big giant plot twist, but for the most part it was a safe movie with a lot of depth to the character work. I thought Phoenix portrayed his character well. I loved Scarlet even if you don't see her face. The overall tone of the movie was fairly uplifting with a strange but unique script. It was a good watch for sure. Phoenix deserved some consideration for best actor nominee.

Score 8.8

Need for Speed

I thought Need for Speed was going to be a terrible movie, but in turn, it was fairly good for a racing movie. There's a decent amount of depth to the film and I thought Aaron Paul had it locked down. The plot was a little on the flimsy side unfortunately, but with the car races and the action scenes, I could bypass this. There's going to be another installment in a few years to compete with the Fast series. All in all, a great first shot.

Captain America
I really enjoyed Steve Rogers and Captain America! I thought I might fall asleep because I had on those special 3D glasses, but all in all Captain America had a lot of turns and twists. I thought the acting was a little on the stiff side, I didn't feel that Chris Evans was really into this movie, that goes for Scarlet Johanssen...I was hoping for more of her attire! Oh well...None the less, I think this movie had a good amount of action and the story was fairly deep. I liked that this movie wasn't big on the CGI unless it really needed it. Again, It was a better rendition than I expected, there's a good mix here folks.

Anchorman 2
It's not often that a sequel can be better than the original, and I think in this case the sequel is much better than the first. I felt for starters that this movie was hilarious and very heavily improvised, which I loved. Will Ferrel owns this bad boy, and say what you want about him, but he commands the screen...he's just out there and its brilliant. Bringing back the original cast was a great touch as well, I dont think you could do this film without these guys. I thought Steve Carrell was a little annoying, his character was a little too much out there, he needed to tone it down a little, but that was really my own flaw in this near perfect movie. The script and story were funny, and I enjoyed all the cool elements. It was a great sequel, and I hope they make a second one!

Walter Mitty
The Secret Life of Walter Mitty was one of those movies that I wished I had seen in 2013, because it was one of my favorites of the year easily and hands down. I can't pinpoint what I like so much about it, I think the best and easily the most impressive is just how neat and cool of a movie it was. I know it's a bland thing to say but I really think this might've been Ben Stiller's best body of work in a very long time. I liked his character, I saw a lot of myself in himself...always keeping things in..reserved...not liking change...I see myself in him, and I think it was fairly relatable. This movie definitely worked, and I highly recommend it.

NOAH
Yikes...I don't know what to do with this one. First off, I'm not religious, so I can't pretend I know what was in scripture or what wasn't, but if I'd just take the movie itself without having to dive into the whole scripture part. I didn't think NOAH was as bad as others said, but I didn't think it was a world beater by any means. The star of the show was Jennifer Connolly, she kept this movie relevant with her awesome and supportive acting, I just found the dialogue for the rest of the cast and even the tone of the movie just really sad and somber and I thought the movie was more negative than positive. Sadly, I don't really know what to do with this film, so I'll just say watch at your own risk.

Cave Men
I cant get into a full review of this movie because it was so terrible! Cave Men might seem like a loaded and incredible premise about a couple of guys and their conquests...but it's gotta be one of the worst movies of 2013 by a long shot. I thought the acting, the story, the dialogue and the scenes were all just a giant mess. You had Chad Michael Murray act like he's this big shot with these giant monologues...except the script sucked big ones...so you're just watching this plot go nowhere...oh yeah, stay away from this one at all expenses, there is nothing remotely salvageable here folks.

Grudge Match
I really enjoyed Grudge Match, it was nice to see Stallone and De Niro go head to head. I could tell De Niro was into this film, he played his part really good, and even though it's getting a little hard to hear Stallone, he's still a sure thing. The plot was good, there were lots of funny moments and some good classic story telling. This film ended up being better than I thought.

Enders Game
I didn't know what I was going to expect with this bad boy, but it actually turned out to be a really good movie! The story was really cool, and the end was a pretty big shocker. I don't remember the young kid in the movie( he's actually almost 18 years old) but he stole the show, his character was solid and making him smart certainly made the movie more appealing and a little on the bad a** part of things. The casting of Harrison Ford worked very well; it gave the movie some good credentials. Great acting and good movie.

ride along
Funny movie, I enjoyed it. Ice Cube plays straight guy and the other guy plays the comic. The dialogue was quick and witty and lots of fun. At times, it felt like a straight to DVD movie with some of the action stuff, but again, funny funny funny and can't wait for Ride Along 2!

47 ronin
47 Ronin was a movie as I've mentioned many times as a mixed bag of tools and rusty nails. It's downright awful, but theres some elements of the movie that atleast for the most part balance itself out. I thought the story was a little contrived, I don't know if the story was based on a true story, but there were chunks of the action that just felt sloppy and uninspiring. Keannu Reeves i feel is a great actor, but he didn't want any part of this, his character was like a robot, he had no passion, he'd just say his lines and that was all; he knew this was a disaster. Instead of hiring hollywood actors, they hired actors from the orient...it didn't work, it was hard to understand what was being said way too often. Overall, some of the action and fight scenes were done good, but for a movie costing over 140 million; you can chalk this up to a disaster.

kick *** 2
I was really looking forward to this bad boy, as I enjoyed the first one. Unfortunately, Kick *** 2 wasn't as good as I hoped for. With the loss of Nicolas Cage from the first installment, I felt Jim Carrey could've been a good addition to this cast, but his character had no personality and well...things happen! The story is a little bad ***, I enjoyed it, but I just didn't feel like there was enough emotion like the first one had...I remember the first one was just gory as heck and it was a neat concept, but this one just felt like it was too recycled, and I just didn't end up enjoying it.

Don Hemmingway

After watching the first five minutes...an awkward scene ensues...you put two and two together, and you know what's going on, but its the dialogue right away that lets you know just what you got yourself into! Dom Hemingway is a brilliant movie starring Jude Law...I loved this flick. The script is smart as heck and the acting of Jude Law is precise, funny, and you end up really feeling and rooting for this guy. The supporting cast for the most part don't offer much, but it's Jude or the highway. This is a funny but dark movie with some cool elements to it. I wish I had watched it in 2013 because this could've been a contendor for movie of the year. I really enjoyed this hidden gem.

That Awkward Moment

One of the best movies of 2014...so far anyway! Starring Zac Efron and the girl from Need for Speed Imogen Potts, this comedy is like a fresher version of American Pie from the early 20's. All in all, a very solid effort all together. Things get a little predictable for the most part, but that's okay as it's not really a thinker movie. Some of Zac Efron's best work that's for sure, and if you're going to watch one of these advice movies pick this one over Cave Men!

The Amazing Spiderman 2
I'll be honest, I kind of forget the first installment, I'm pretty sure I fell asleep a few times in the first one to remember a lot about it...none the less, here I am, giving this franchise another try...and for the most part it was a good watch! I thought the story was pretty good, I thought that some of the scenes involving Peter Parker and Gwen Stacy were pretty annoying..there was great chemistry between both, but I thought the movie was too long and there were scenes that should've been cut. The action and CGI was excellent, the 3D was sick, and the introduction to some of the villains was done fairly well, but thats all it was; an introduction, I didn't feel like I really knew these guys that Spider Man was going against...a little more character devolpment would've helped this film.

Homefront
Anything Jason Statham touches is gold...so in this case, we got gold again! I love the story, it was really great, and very relatable as I have a daughter myself. I like the plot and how things slowly escalated till the end there, and I was glad to know that by watching the trailer, I was left with a different impression of the way the story plays out. I like James Franco in this, he plays a character thats a bad guy, but it's subtle and he's not in your face like I pictured. Again, this is a bad a** movie, and I fully approve...Jason Statham is the man hands down!

The Movie Man
viperj

Postby viperj » Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:14 pm

New reviews coming very soon!
The Movie Man
viperj

Postby viperj » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:32 am

Not sure if anyone reads this anymore, but more stuff is on the way, just took a break!
The Movie Man
viperj

Previous

Return to General Discussion

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts