Ourbombers.com - Winnipeg Blue Bombers Message Board

Unoffical Bombers Board since 1997

Week 2 Film Study

Discussion of the Blue Bombers and the CFL

Moderators: Colin Unger, Raydawg, bigg jay, kenny23

Postby Bennie Thompson » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:54 pm

Decent set of games again this week. Plot begins to thicken.

I went 1 - 3 on predictions for the week so factor that with my musings.

I picked the Argos but good on BC to step up and even their record. Maybe the best catch of the entire weekend by Manny on one of the first plays BC ran. Followed that with another monster reception 2 plays later. Tone for the game was set right there. Argos could afford to lose as they were not going undefeated and can be happy at 1 and 1 in the east.

Best overall game of the week to me was Calgary / Ottawa. Seems Ottawa is pretty good. Trevor Harris can throw the ball with some zip and they have good receivers. Diontae Spencer looks good as a returner. Some weird thing where they can't get a running back through a game healthy but they have a few to pick from and they plug and play their Nationals very well. Might be that the RedBlacks are well coached. Calgary did what they do in their park.

Montreal did not have enough to get by the Evil Empire and the Esks are sitting pretty with 4 pts. Losing a star player per game is eventually going to catch up with them I would think. Surprised to not see Shakir Bell signed as yet. Sunderland less trigger happy than Hervey at bringing in guys for sure.

Big win for the big blue. Don't over analyze it. Probably relatively quiet in early morning coffee shops all over Sask as people wonder about Chris Jones. He should have wore the t shirt. Not sure what is up with the man in black deal.

Gonna say improved reffing for the week. Glad to see the call stand on O'Sheas challenge on Dresslers out of the play interference play. Just like they drew it up. Those are the ones they need to get rid of.
Bennie Thompson

Return to Blue Bomber Discussion

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts