Ourbombers.com - Winnipeg Blue Bombers Message Board

Unoffical Bombers Board since 1997

Bombers 3rd in West

Discussion of the Blue Bombers and the CFL

Moderators: Colin Unger, Raydawg, bigg jay, kenny23

Postby Bennie Thompson » Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:38 am

Chaos in Edmonton with Hervey and the Board moves the Bombers up in the rankings for 3rd in the west.

Eskimos and Riders can fight it out for the crossover if there is one.

All the Bombers have to do is to stay healthy and beat Sask. in 2 of 3.
Bennie Thompson

Postby road griller » Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:19 pm

The clock was ticking on Hervey once he let Goltz slip through his fingers IMO.
Winners win, losers lose.
road griller

Postby Bennie Thompson » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:02 am

Going to stay with my earlier prediction about the Bombers finishing third but looks like Edmonton might come out smelling like a rose with the front office shakeup.

Definitely won't be losing time having to bring Sunderland up to speed on the CFL and knowing Maas from their time in Ottawa will be a huge plus. Going to say they do not have the time to get the defence straightened out for this year and will need to crossover to be in the playoffs. Probably a good potential long term hire by the Esks though. Still don't like them.

Interesting to hear Mark Nelson being mentioned as potentially being on the Eskimo radar and to recognize the success he has had in his days since he was run out of Winnipeg. Fits in well with my Mike Kelly did have a plan theory. Said theory does not exempt him from the biggest qb management blunder ever competition and is possibly only rivaled by Jeff Reinbold walking away from Reggie Slack in favor of Kevin MacDougall and the myriad of players to follow but we'll get over that some day.
Bennie Thompson

Postby Bennie Thompson » Wed May 10, 2017 4:29 pm

Thought Edmonton was spiraling into the abyss getting rid of Hervey when they did but the new guy Sunderland has come in and hit the ground running. Working that Ottawa connection extremely well.

Seems the defensive backfield may be the weak link at this point.

Happy to see Augustine get signed in a spot where he can develop. Could be a chance for him to become the next Calvin McCarty and play for 10 years. In my opinion McCarty was a very effective player. Lots of big plays to his credit.

Colin Kelly won't hurt the Oline. Will be interesting to see if Behar sticks.

Anyway... going back to my earlier prediction of Edmonton 3rd followed by the Bombers and Sask.
Bennie Thompson

Postby road griller » Thu May 11, 2017 7:35 am

Sask still needs a QB, if they pick up Goltz put them at #1 and the Bombers last.
Winners win, losers lose.
road griller

Postby bluebeard » Fri May 12, 2017 2:03 pm

road griller wrote:Sask still needs a QB, if they pick up Goltz put them at #1 and the Bombers last.

Have my doubts that the Riders will pick up Goltz and I even doubt that any team picks him up.. Bombers will end up fighting for top spot in the west with Calgary. BC is replacing most of their defense. Edmonton just lost too may players so I have them in the basement if they get a rash of injuries. If not then they will be fighting the Riders for 4th spot. If the Riders pick up a decent young QB then all bets are off.
bluebeard

Postby Bennie Thompson » Fri May 12, 2017 5:22 pm

bluebeard wrote:Bombers will end up fighting for top spot in the west with Calgary

Cool, We have a believer

Calgary took some hits this off season as well and may not be as strong as last year. Bombers could be #1

For me I am not seeing the depth required for the Bombers to over come any kind of injury to key personnel. Nichols, Harris, and Bryant among others are spots where performance would drop off if they were out.

Who steps up when Darvin Adams goes down? Same with Dressler.

I find it strange that there appears to be so little concern from the Bombers regarding depth issues but what do I know.

Guess we will see
Bennie Thompson

Return to Blue Bomber Discussion

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts