Ourbombers.com - Winnipeg Blue Bombers Message Board

Unoffical Bombers Board since 1997

Football LaFevour

Discussion of the Blue Bombers and the CFL

Moderators: Colin Unger, Raydawg, bigg jay, kenny23

Postby Bennie Thompson » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:12 pm

Had Alfred Jackson when it should be Ernest Jackson for Montreal.

Speaking of Alfred Jackson reminds me of Matt Dunigans big 700 yd game. No doubt one of the best receivers to ever have lined up for the Bombers.

Wishing an A.J. season for Darvin Adams.

Anyway...

Talk about excitement right across the league with all the signings.

Lots going on in BC with Chris Williams coming on board among other signings. I am actually glad he signed with the Lions as it was rumored Edmonton was kicking tires. I view Edmonton as the team Bombers need to beat to make the playoffs and would dread Bowman, Williams, Zylstra.

Sask is a wild card with who knows what they have going on. I for one do not think they are as weak at quarterback as some are saying. They very well could be a surprise team.

Hufnagel didn't even get off the pot for free agency but you can't put it past him to fill the holes and be the team to beat again. Hope it goes well for Rory Kohlert who was a training camp walk on for the Bombers and ended up winning a job.

Bombers look good as well so far. I think everyone is happy to have another QB on board. Six games with Sask. and BC will tell the story of 2017 for big blue. Hope this one is a sum greater than the individual parts season and will leave it at that for now.

I am also liking the revamp in Montreal. Signing Michael Klassen and Donny O gives them a solid interior national presence on D and what is not to like about having Ernest Jackson on board? Still have to come together as a team but the Als appear to be headed for a better year.

Only other major story is how big is the sinkhole in TO gonna be. I actually like a few of their recent signings and nice to see Matt Black not desert the ship. I hope James Tuck earns a spot and does well in his hometown. It seems odd to think of someone growing up as an Argo fan but I hear they are out there. Shame what they put people through with the Leafs and all. Sounds like Dyakowski would be a good candidate for the gm spot as well as left guard.

Only 4 months to go
Bennie Thompson

Return to Blue Bomber Discussion

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts