Ourbombers.com - Winnipeg Blue Bombers Message Board

Unoffical Bombers Board since 1997

CFL Draft Thread

Discussion of the Blue Bombers and the CFL

Moderators: Colin Unger, Raydawg, bigg jay, kenny23

Postby Bennie Thompson » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:46 pm

Dreaming that Jordan Herdman is the second coming and think the Bombers should step up and take him #1. Good bloodlines at a position of need.

Reserve the right to change my mind.
Bennie Thompson

Postby Bennie Thompson » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:24 am

Bombers could draft Christof Mulumba and see how that works out.

Could be years of entertainment out of Mulumba 1 and Mulumba 2 and when they might sign.
Bennie Thompson

Postby Bennie Thompson » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:05 pm

Herdman not in the final 20 may not be such a good pick at #1 overall. Apparently not as fast as some would like.

Still think he could be a nice developmental type with good upside. Maybe at 15. May as well grab the brother with a late round pick just in case.

As it stands I would like to see the Bombers go for a receiver and a lineman with their first two picks.

Sounds like they are looking DL but hometown boy Geoff Gray could be a smart play. Both the top rated receivers appear solid.

Good chance to add if they can get it right.
Bennie Thompson

Postby Bennie Thompson » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:00 am

Another superstar linebacker falls from the sky just in time to be CFL draft eligible.

Real deal or "Fake News"?

It's almost like google has taken over and because a search was once made for a middle linebacker now there is a new middle linebacker ad on the desktop every time you fire up.

I am going through a similar experience with inflatables and the russian connection.

Anyway... Judge, Mulamba, and Herdman seemingly give 3 good options for MLB.

I am a bit leery of Judge at this point suspecting NFL dreams. Reading up on it actually sounded more like an athletically gifted special teamer to this point rather than a Bighill upgrade in the making. If nothing else adding Judge to the draft potentially pushes Herdman to the 3rd round.

Looks like Geoff Gray did not go in the first 3 rounds of the NFL draft so that is encouraging to a point as well.

Is now when Danny Mac earns his money?
Bennie Thompson

Postby Bennie Thompson » Mon May 01, 2017 10:33 pm

Screw it.

Vandervoort #1, Behar #6

Set up for another House / Poplawski combo for the next 6 years.

Linebacker at 15. Would they really draft another Mulumba? Judge?

Gray at 23.

Herdman, Herdman, Roadgriller ( heard he was faster than he looks)
Bennie Thompson

Postby Bennie Thompson » Thu May 04, 2017 9:44 am

Sounds like Ekakitie is trending up in the rankings and is now in consideration for #1 overall.

Can he be a Ted Laurent ratio buster front line kind of guy?

Could be a very good situation for him to line up beside Nevis not only for learning purposes but also to benefit from the extra attention Nevis will demand.

No slight on 2 way man Jake Thomas or on Rupert Butcher who I hope makes the team.

Stilll think receiver / receiver could be good as well.

Either way Bombers should be better.
Bennie Thompson

Postby Bennie Thompson » Fri May 05, 2017 5:56 pm

Not sure who did the mock draft 3.0 that had the Bombers going Ekakitie, Gray. Maybe CFL.ca.

I do not like to see stepping up on a future and missing out on getting either of the top receivers. Hopefully Walters agrees.

This is a great chance to address the NI receiver spot. Trudging along with what they have is not the answer.

Guess we'll see soon enough.
Bennie Thompson

Postby Bennie Thompson » Sun May 07, 2017 9:30 am

Hearing Jones name is being discussed as a potential trade in order for Toronto to move up.

Makes me wonder who they are so excited about.

Jones is good.

I would trade Dressler to Montreal to make space.

More details please.
Bennie Thompson

Postby Bennie Thompson » Sun May 07, 2017 6:38 pm

Nice move by Wally to stick it to Austin.

BC has been making good moves all off season long and should be a serious contender. Quite the receiving corp.

Esks screw Bombers by taking Behar.
Bennie Thompson

Postby Bennie Thompson » Mon May 08, 2017 9:39 am

No more wondering. It is what it is.

Somewhat encouraging that the Bombers are confident enough regarding roster spots that they felt they did not have to address perceived NI receiver or linebacker weaknesses. Hope they are right about that.

Ekakitie needs to be head and shoulders better than any other player in the draft for this to look good. Talk was a 3 year deal so that is decent. Have to see how it plays out. Colling might be just as productive for Calgary.

Picking Gray at 8 was a waste of a pick.

Good to have picked a kicker. Bombers did so well developing Liram.

Also nice to see the Bombers give a home town boy a shot with Marouf when they could have gone for Jordan Herdman.

I grade them out at a C-.

Could be wrong. Still early

Bennie Thompson

Return to Blue Bomber Discussion

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts