Ourbombers.com - Winnipeg Blue Bombers Message Board

Unoffical Bombers Board since 1997

Argos

Discussion of the Blue Bombers and the CFL

Moderators: Colin Unger, Raydawg, bigg jay, kenny23

Postby Bennie Thompson » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:39 am

Thought something would have happened already but the suspense grows in TO for those that care. Rob Ford, r.i.p.

I give a facebook like to the idea of Tom Clements back in a dual role viewing it similar to the return of Huffnagel to the CFL

Ironic that the Bombers had both of them together back in the day. Cal Murphy r.i.p. as well, was a smart guy. We could use having him around today.

Thinking deeply, I remember Clements as the starter and adding that he also had a more successful post CFL playing career and then extrapolating it out to suggest his chances of success in a similar role are at least as good.

Even by the " winners win, losers lose " theory TC is in.

This is to take nothing away from Huff as he has been rock solid but see Clements as a good game manager from the sideline and no doubt in the loop with some good administrative types to help on the GM end.

Another name from Argofans is Chris Rosetti who started out volunteering with the Argos developing a multi category statistical data base for Jim Barker and is now working in scouting with the Miami Dolphins. He is young and not a coach but it always did seem that the Argos could find talent and he might have been the guy behind it. Good on him for making a career out of something he loved.

Trestman?

Hopefully something this week and then maybe Kyle can get started on getting Drew home.
Bennie Thompson

Postby Bennie Thompson » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:48 pm

Hearing Trestman as the latest rumor as he has been for every vacant CFL coaching position since he left Montreal.

Why not and get going at this point.

One thing about the Argos is that they have money with the Tannenbaum / Bell ownership group and I would expect them to step up in free agency. They have to do something.

Possible Shakir Bell destination.
Bennie Thompson

Postby Bennie Thompson » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:20 pm

Not seeing anything official yet but sounds like some at Argofans are thinking Trestman and Popp are back in business.

If true the Argos have done as well as can be expected.

Trestmans' name has come up in every coaching replacement rumour for the last 4 years and at last he is back. Time to find out if he can transition the Argos back to winning football.

This will serve as a good benchmark for the Bombers. if Toronto beats the Bombers to the Grey Cup we can all reflect on the decision last year to extend O'Shea and the fact that Trestmans name was mentioned here as a potential replacement.

A strong team in Toronto is good for the CFL so hopefully this is a step in the right direction.
Bennie Thompson

Postby road griller » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:39 pm

Wonder if they will be able to lure Goltz back to the CFL.

That would be so awesome!
Winners win, losers lose.
road griller

Postby Bennie Thompson » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:45 pm

road griller wrote:Wonder if they will be able to lure Goltz back to the CFL

Wouldn't that be a step in another direction.

Last I heard was Goltz parlayed his savings from his playing days into a financial windfall on Wall Street and married a Hollywood starlet. Probably by now living on a private island in the south pacific with the 2 kids and a dog thing going.

Last time I saw him play was banjo bowl 2013. Bellefuelle was having a bad day calling plays and Bombers went the entire first half without a first down. Believe Goltz engineered some kind of miracle comeback and the Bombers ended up winning the game.

Sure miss those glory days of old.
Bennie Thompson

Postby road griller » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:32 am

Bennie Thompson wrote:
road griller wrote:Wonder if they will be able to lure Goltz back to the CFL

Wouldn't that be a step in another direction.

Last I heard was Goltz parlayed his savings from his playing days into a financial windfall on Wall Street and married a Hollywood starlet. Probably by now living on a private island in the south pacific with the 2 kids and a dog thing going.

Last time I saw him play was banjo bowl 2013. Bellefuelle was having a bad day calling plays and Bombers went the entire first half without a first down. Believe Goltz engineered some kind of miracle comeback and the Bombers ended up winning the game.

Sure miss those glory days of old.

Known as the best Bomber game in history, the Rider fans were not happy that day. No surprise Goltz has the world in the palm of his hand today. He was too good for the Bombers of the day anyways. He was a winner surrounded by losers. Still can't believe all Mack lovers, man they ate pounds of crow. Aside from Goltz it was a disaster.
Winners win, losers lose.
road griller

Return to Blue Bomber Discussion

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts