Ourbombers.com - Winnipeg Blue Bombers Message Board

Unoffical Bombers Board since 1997

Quarterback Depth

Discussion of the Blue Bombers and the CFL

Moderators: Colin Unger, Raydawg, bigg jay, kenny23

Postby Bennie Thompson » Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:33 am

Wondering if the Bombers should offer the rights to Andy Mulumba to the Argos for Drew Willy and a conditional to shore up the QB depth issue.

Probably would have to rework his contract to fit with the Matt Nichols deal but he would be a better plan b then Dom Davis in the event of an injury to Nichols in my mind.

Just a thought.
Bennie Thompson

Postby road griller » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:34 am

I say trade Heath and our first overall pick for Willy!
Winners win, losers lose.
road griller

Postby Bennie Thompson » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:22 am

I believe a team has to consider worst case scenarios in order to be prepared to win.

Thinking Nichols will remain healthy for the full schedule is hopeful, risky, and great if it happens.

On the other hand what if his achilles lets go in the preseason.

I am not sold on the proclamation of Dom Davis as #2. My concern is a lack of experience at the pro level leading to a tendency to abandon reads and rely on athleticism to escape pressure and make plays. Maybe I am wrong and he will be great.

I could see Cato, Mitchell Gale, or Jonathon Crompton all being as effective as Davis. Not sure about Crompton but the other two are out of work with few options so may come at a reasonable cost as well.

Is Drew Willy going to be available? He was ahead of Davis on the depth chart last time he was here and it may be possible to pick him up for a song and a lap dance. Would need to look at the contract for that to work.

Stay tuned

Bennie Thompson

Postby Bennie Thompson » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:38 am

Too much time left before the season starts to get excited.

There will be another two or three quarterbacks minimum in camp. No clue as to who they might be.

At least O'Shea is getting Walters do the proclaiming this year.

No interest in Rakeem Cato suggests no money available because it doesn't make sense any other way.

The potential upgrade of Okpalaugo over Cole is far less than the potential drop of Nichols to Davis.

Fat contracts are killing the team.

Clink your glasses boys. 3 year contracts in your pocket.
Bennie Thompson

Postby Bennie Thompson » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:49 pm

Watched the Bomber / BC playoff game again and was impressed with Matt Nichols putting in a very solid performance. Of the 3 games with BC at the end of the year the playoff game was the one they probably deserved to win the most.

The one negative for me may have been him caught on tape telling / yelling at Rory Kohlert to catch the effing ball. Seems to me a quiet word or a pat on the back with a get em next time would have been a better route to go.

No doubt he was jacked up in the heat of the battle and the noise of the dome would have made it necessary to speak a little louder but I'm pretty sure Kohlert knew he was supposed to catch the ball.
Bennie Thompson

Postby Bennie Thompson » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:46 pm

Seeing LeFevour's name coming up.

Would be a great addition at this point.

What is there to lose by bringing him to camp?

I personally think they will wait and pick up Bennett once he is cut or practice rostered in Sask and then spin some second coming stories and how he was the guy all along.

Good grief Charlie Brown.
Bennie Thompson

Postby Bennie Thompson » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:54 pm

That big gust of wind was Bomber fans exhaling upon news of Lefevour being signed.

Bombers are better today than yesterday.
Bennie Thompson

Postby Bennie Thompson » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:36 pm

Do not see the Bombers being done with the QB spot.

Will be interesting to see what happens in Toronto and whether Willy or Fajardo become available. Both would be an improvement to our depth.

Brian Bennett could be back. He is practice roster in Sask for sure.

LeFevour will help with the short yardage team for a positive on him.

Dom Davis is still the big unknown so we will see.

Maybe not bad depth with options still available at this point.
Bennie Thompson

Postby Bennie Thompson » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:17 pm

Both Crompton and Kilgour would fit right in with the Bomber competition for QB.

I like Cromptons size and would guess he knows Nichos from Edm days. Not that it would matter.

Kilgour showed well at times when thrown in last year. Toronto liked him better than LeFevour.

Very slim chance of actually happening.
Bennie Thompson

Postby road griller » Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:59 am

I would really like to see them bring back Goltz but I doubt he gives the Bombers a second chance.
road griller

Postby Bennie Thompson » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:24 am

Sun has Nichols as the projected starter for the Bombers in case anyone was wondering.

Next story should be "expecting Andrew Harris to start ".
Bennie Thompson

Postby road griller » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:45 pm

Nickels may start but D Davis is the man, he will Goltz it up
come Banjo Bowl.
road griller

Return to Blue Bomber Discussion

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts