Ourbombers.com - Winnipeg Blue Bombers Message Board

Unoffical Bombers Board since 1997

Here we go Bombers

Discussion of the Blue Bombers and the CFL

Moderators: Colin Unger, Raydawg, bigg jay, kenny23

Postby Bennie Thompson » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:58 pm

Hearing that the Bombers are thinking of giving up the farm to sign Franklin from the Esks.

Sounds about right for our talented leadership group to bring in a new hired gun to lead the offense to greater glory and end this drought of all droughts. Been a while since we had a good QB controversy going on.

Would be good if Franklin was just a little more established rather than someone with high end potential. Also would be good if we had some receivers like the Esks have.

On the other side of things I can't imagine these guys not signing and overpaying for Nichols.

Now if it was Reilly, that would be worth throwing a small bungalow in Elmwood in along with the farm.

Sounds like there are a few vets that will be available that I would consider before trading. Ricky Ray among them.

And stop with the he's too old. Henry Burris didn't look so bad at 42.

Predict KG goes to Hamilton and will have as good of a shot at a ring there as anywhere else. Austin knows what derailed the program last year.

Need to get Steingard fired up and on this to find out the real deal.

Thanks for all you do with the site Colin and just like our Bombers greater glory will soon be here again.
Bennie Thompson

Postby road griller » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:04 am

Franklin would be great, or Durant plan B. Let nickels walk.
Winners win, losers lose.
road griller

Postby Bennie Thompson » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:55 am

Seems crazy that Sask would let Durant go but strange things happen out on the prairie. If they did it would be great for the Bombers to be all over the opportunity. Can't see Dressler complaining.

No question Franklin is an athlete. I prefer the proven veteran route.

I was okay with the idea of Nichols and Glenn going into the season. Could happen yet but it doesn't seem likely.

Do not think Dom Davis is the guy either. Justin Goltz 2.0 at this point.

Even if we signed someone good, chances are O'Shea keeps him on the bench anyway.

Thinking the Bombers will not improve on their record from last year
Bennie Thompson

Return to Blue Bomber Discussion

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts