Ourbombers.com - Winnipeg Blue Bombers Message Board

Unoffical Bombers Board since 1997

Have The Bombers Now Exceeded Your Expectations ?

Discussion of the Blue Bombers and the CFL

Moderators: Colin Unger, Raydawg, bigg jay, kenny23

Postby 1962BB » Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:03 am

Have the Blue surpassed what you thought they might achieve in 2016 ? With two games to go and a record of 10 and 6 regardless of what happens now I think the Blue have exceeded my realistic expectations . I was hoping for , should I say realistically hoping for a 9 and 9 season and making the playoffs probably a cross over to the east . With two games to go the Blue could achieve something I would have never thought possible this year . How has this happened ? Thinking back I was quite happy the club signed Matt Nickels as a relief pitcher but still believing this was Drew Willy's team and hoping he was going to have a break out year . Wow that sure changed . Nickels is playing very well under Lapo's schemes . Overall improvement . What else changed ? I believe one of the biggest changes was the o line . Matt is getting better protection plain and simple . I really like that Bond guy at guard . He is friggin huge and yet moves quite well . Overall improvement . The Blue did a good job in the draft getting a steal of a player at 19th in Loffler ( did I spell his name correctly ?) Playing safety he has done a great job as a rookie . Overall improvement . The d line is not as improved as I thought it was going to be with the two free agent signings but they are I think a tiny bit better than last year . A tiny bit overall improvement . Linebackers doing well considering we have had many injuries at that position . I think once Wild comes back we are at least a tiny bit better than last year .Secondary deserves much credit considering the number of changes due to injuries the Blue have suffered . Overall better than last year . A good Canadian running back with a good import back up puts us in a better position than last year . The receivers are to me the big question mark . Dressler is good when not injured . Know one else has really stood out to me . Denmark good in flashes . Lets see what Gurley can do over next few games . Overall a small decrease from last year or at best the same as last year . The coaching seems to be more effective or is that simply a condition of having better players ? Last but not least is Kyle Walters and the scouting staff who have brought in players who have added depth to this team , depth which we have not seen in many years .
As per usual this is only my humble opinion of what has presented itself over the past 16 games . GO BLUE !
1962BB

Return to Blue Bomber Discussion

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts