Unoffical Bombers Board since 1997

This Site Has Become a Sad Thing...Time to Pack It In

Discussion of the Blue Bombers and the CFL

Moderators: Colin Unger, Raydawg, bigg jay, kenny23

Postby HotLiveBombers » Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:01 pm

^^^^^^^^^
HotLiveBombers

Postby 1962BB » Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:51 am

Yup we could all be posting more frequently here , that's not in dispute . However I noticed HotLiveBombers you have only posted 61 times in over 10 years . I think you are also part of the problem and at the same time part of the solution to your comment .
1962BB

Postby Achilles » Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:56 pm

You can't judge by the number of posts made by an individual in a given period of time. Some comments initiate lots of responses, some don't. Some of you might remember Nate who, in spite of having detractors, initiated "things" and was a catalyst . You need some controversy that leads to discussion.
Someone told me that the other site is also,now, sadly lacking in comments and I would assume it's all because of the other methods available for communicating.
Unfortunately, these days, many do not like to read more than a sentence nor type more than that and what might have been a normal response is now regarded as verbose. Sad, but that's how it is, some even being criticized for being "too long winded" .Perhaps there's just a lack of interest in general, evident in the poor attendance at games.
Many are actually becoming weary of watching PVR'd games due to the length, the number of interruptions due to challenges, the gimmicky stuff like being mic'd up, coaches pre-game speeches which have been so phoney and watching ex players like Milt having to act like little kids for our supposed entertainment.
We've had some darned good games recently and the gimmicks aren't needed. Now how about responding to that one.
I do feel that home games should not be televised. We do have the stadium to pay for.
Achilles

Postby road griller » Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:14 pm

The CFL is dying in general. Look around the city, you see 30 Jets items to every Bomber one. When I see someone with a Bomber hat or shirt I have to take a second look, it seems strange to,see one. It's all Jets now.

Attendance is really poor, it looks terrible on tv. Anyway, I like to party. Really hard!
Winners win, losers lose.
road griller

Postby 1962BB » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:32 am

I must comment again about the topic specifically as it relates to this site becoming a "Sad Thing " . I generally agree that there are fewer posts which will generate fewer responses . I think its a pretty safe bet that there is a strong correlation between the two . But isn't this a very fixable problem ? It takes some initiative , enthusiasm and of course interest to get this or any site back up to humming right along . Now which of those three , initiative , enthusiasm or interest are we missing ? Its so very simple to fix . If we want this site active and interesting lets be active and interesting . Its up to us . Speaking about myself I share some of the responsibility of not being active enough . I do view this site with out making comments even though there are things I might want to add or share . If I want this site to be more meaningful I must be more meaningful and do my share . However I certainly don't want doing my share to be a burden . I mean what's the fun in that ? I will be more active here and encourage others to add their points of view regarding all topics under the CFL and Blue sun .
1962BB

Postby 1962BB » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:33 am

I must comment again about the topic specifically as it relates to this site becoming a "Sad Thing " . I generally agree that there are fewer posts which will generate fewer responses . I think its a pretty safe bet that there is a strong correlation between the two . But isn't this a very fixable problem ? It takes some initiative , enthusiasm and of course interest to get this or any site back up to humming right along . Now which of those three , initiative , enthusiasm or interest are we missing ? Its so very simple to fix . If we want this site active and interesting lets be active and interesting . Its up to us . Speaking about myself I share some of the responsibility of not being active enough . I do view this site with out making comments even though there are things I might want to add or share . If I want this site to be more meaningful I must be more meaningful and do my share . However I certainly don't want doing my share to be a burden . I mean what's the fun in that ? I will be more active here and encourage others to add their points of view regarding all topics under the CFL and Blue sun .
1962BB

Return to Blue Bomber Discussion

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts