Ourbombers.com - Winnipeg Blue Bombers Message Board

Unoffical Bombers Board since 1997

Eskimos @ Bombers Gamethread

Discussion of the Blue Bombers and the CFL

Moderators: Colin Unger, Raydawg, bigg jay, kenny23

Postby NorthCarolinaBomber » Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:37 am

Big game tonight. IGF had better be rocking because we need it to be. It'll be interesting to see what the psychie of this team is coming off of last week. Will coming back to almost beat the top team in the league be a momentum driver coming into this game? Or will giving up that FG be a back breaker carrying over into this game?

This game is big, Gotta think winner pretty much secures a playoff spot without having to rely on a crossover, the loser may have to to get in. I'm open to thinking too that if we win this, go head and extend Mike O'Shea because we'll have a playoff spot and we need to ensure he comes back next year. If you don't want to get in trouble extending coaches, just extend 2 years, not 3.
NorthCarolinaBomber

Postby 1962BB » Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:55 am

Well this was a bit of a disappointment wasn't it . Blue are not a smart team as witnessed by the penalties . This team requires work but that is not a surprise . I was hoping the wins could continue but we are talking about the Winnipeg Blue Bombers where nothing comes easily to this team . I am generally pleased about the improvement over last year and in general over the past five years . However as I said , this is the Blue and nothing comes easy to this team . Four games left . I believe they will make the playoffs and isn't that pleasantly different .
1962BB

Postby NorthCarolinaBomber » Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:05 pm

1962BB wrote:Well this was a bit of a disappointment wasn't it . Blue are not a smart team as witnessed by the penalties . This team requires work but that is not a surprise . I was hoping the wins could continue but we are talking about the Winnipeg Blue Bombers where nothing comes easily to this team . I am generally pleased about the improvement over last year and in general over the past five years . However as I said , this is the Blue and nothing comes easy to this team . Four games left . I believe they will make the playoffs and isn't that pleasantly different .

Yeah I hope so, just that my concern is starting to mount though because this time of year has been rough on us in the past and last night it looks like it's still true to now. I know we can get back and still get into the playoffs, but .... we seem to be in a skid now, which is what's got me a bit nervous. At this point even if we only won 1 more game to finish this season, I'd take it. Problem is it's not guaranteed at this point, and ... keep an eye on what Toronto's doing because remember sweeping them isn't enough to cross over, you gotta have a better overall record. We gotta take just 1 more upcoming game, be it against BC or Ottawa, puhhlleeeassse Blue.
NorthCarolinaBomber

Postby tracker » Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:45 am

While not a make-or-break game, I still see it as important. Okay, the team is assured of a playoff berth, we have been bottom feeders for so long that there may be a tendency for the players to think that this is good enough and take the next game off. This would be disastrous. I( am not sure that we have a ll the pieces to win the /cup, but stranger things have happened. Nonetheless, the team should be of the mindset that whomever they face from here on ought to be worried, or its going to be one and done.
oderint dum metuant
tracker

Postby road griller » Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:29 am

Can they finally win an important game at home? We will find out shortly. Fans have high expectations for today!
Winners win, losers lose.
road griller

Return to Blue Bomber Discussion

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts