Ourbombers.com - Winnipeg Blue Bombers Message Board

Unoffical Bombers Board since 1997

Bombers @ Stampeders Gamethread

Discussion of the Blue Bombers and the CFL

Moderators: Colin Unger, Raydawg, bigg jay, kenny23

Postby NorthCarolinaBomber » Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:56 pm

Well, here comes what should be a highly entertaining game in late September, a long time since we've had one of these. Bombers trying to go for win number 8 in a row, Stampeders going for number 10. Obviously it wasn't pretty the last time we played these guys, but since then we got a new QB, switched up the O-line and defense, and it's been a whole new season ever since. We may or may not beat these guys, but I think they'll be in a dog fight in this game up against a better Bombers team than they expect.
NorthCarolinaBomber

Postby outofprovincefan » Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:38 pm

I'd love to see the Bombers perform well but I think all the hype about this game is just that, hype, Calgary is, unfortunately for us, a significantly better football team. They are already up 10 - 0 in the first quarter and will in all likelihood win by 30 or more. The big game for Winnipeg is next weekend against Edmonton. If this loss doesn't "destroy" their recent overall success and they can pull out a victory at home against Edmonton it should be an exciting race to the end of the season with back to back games against BC. I really believe next weekend is the Bomber's season.
outofprovincefan

Postby NorthCarolinaBomber » Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:30 pm

Back within 10 now, not too bad but unsure about Hall's D getting more stops here.
NorthCarolinaBomber

Postby NorthCarolinaBomber » Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:49 pm

Down by 3 and a big challenge from O'Shea, oh man it's getting tense here
NorthCarolinaBomber

Postby NorthCarolinaBomber » Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:07 pm

Holy cow, what a comeback!!!!
NorthCarolinaBomber

Postby NorthCarolinaBomber » Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:16 pm

Wow ..... ughhh well yeah it sucked we couldn't quite close out the W .............. BUUUUTTTTT .....

I am proud of this team though, they fought back from down 24 points, took a punch but showed they aren't going to go down that easily and showed the heart of champions today. Last year or the year before I would not have imagined that to be possible with them. The narrative is changing though and we've now shown that we can compete with the best.

We win this next game against Edmonton, we should be able to clinch a playoff spot.
NorthCarolinaBomber

Postby 1962BB » Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:50 pm

I really don't know what to say . Emotions ran pretty high during the game . I guess I do know what to say . Proud of you Blue , very proud .
1962BB

Return to Blue Bomber Discussion

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts