Ourbombers.com - Winnipeg Blue Bombers Message Board

Unoffical Bombers Board since 1997

Argos At Bombers Preview: Do The Bombers Only Need 2 More Ws

Discussion of the Blue Bombers and the CFL

Moderators: Colin Unger, Raydawg, bigg jay, kenny23

Postby NorthCarolinaBomber » Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:03 pm

At 7-4, I'm thinking 2 more W's should be enough to get a playoff game. I mean, by all means please let's get more, but 9-9 I would think would be enough to get us in. At least I don't remember the last time a team won 9 and didn't get in. I suppose looking at the math it's possible you could get a cluster of 9-9 teams such as us and Edmonton and a couple in the East and have 1 not make it in, but I'd find that scenario highly unlikely.

I do think though this might be our chance to really setup for the last push to get in, regardless of what happens down the stretch. Argos will be starting Dan LeFevour this game. He wasn't bad against Hamilton, but I've never been totally impressed with him overall. Hopefully Denmark and Harris are back in this game, and hopefully Lapolice doesn't start out the game with bad play calling like he did last game. He'd better be aggressive.
NorthCarolinaBomber

Postby 1962BB » Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:18 pm

I think you are probably right NCB regarding two more wins will secure a playoff spot for the Blue . I would also think that would be a crossover spot in the east . However if we win 3 or 4 more we would probably be in a good position to take third in the west . Something tells me a crossover spot would be preferential but no matter what to win the Grey Cup you are going to have to knock off Calgary at some point .
1962BB

Postby NorthCarolinaBomber » Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:55 pm

1962BB wrote:I think you are probably right NCB regarding two more wins will secure a playoff spot for the Blue . I would also think that would be a crossover spot in the east . However if we win 3 or 4 more we would probably be in a good position to take third in the west . Something tells me a crossover spot would be preferential but no matter what to win the Grey Cup you are going to have to knock off Calgary at some point .

Whether or not we crossover likely depends on what happens September 30 against Edmonton. That game will decide any tie breakers between us and them and beyond that would keep our current 2-game lead on them secure. I'd go so far as to say the Edmonton game could be the playoff clincher if we win this Saturday.

But anyway I won't get ahead here, even though I think 2 more wins are something this team is more than capable of in the back half of the season, regardless of its history, we need to do it and do it in the face of some pretty playoff hungry desperate teams here. Let's focus on getting win number 8 here, and making sure we don't overlook the Argos O.
NorthCarolinaBomber

Return to Blue Bomber Discussion

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts