Ourbombers.com - Winnipeg Blue Bombers Message Board

Unoffical Bombers Board since 1997

The Big Bad Labor Day Classic Coming

Discussion of the Blue Bombers and the CFL

Moderators: Colin Unger, Raydawg, bigg jay, kenny23

Postby NorthCarolinaBomber » Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:27 pm

This is one year I am ready to see this game and can say it's going to be fun to watch, win or lose. The Riders are bad, but I expect their best shot at this game, but hope that Nichols and company have an answer for em. Hope any Bomber fans going to this have a lot of fun and are ready to whoop and holler back at the Rider fans.
NorthCarolinaBomber

Postby 1962BB » Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:41 am

The Labor Day Classic and the Banjo Bowl are two games where the team standings are not a good indication of the outcome of these particular games . Remember back in 2011 when we were 7 - 1 and the Riders were 1-7 . Outcome not so good for us . However I am thinking that the Blue have a good shot in winning the Labor Day Classic . Absolutely nothing is a guarantee for the Blue but I simply believe that the makeup of the team this year will carry the difference . Now having said this I am also prepared to eat crow or whatever if the team loses . In fact I wouldn't be overly surprised as I previously stated , these games are an aberration of the team standings as anything can happen . GO BLUE ! (please)
1962BB

Postby blue in greenland » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:57 pm

Jamie Nye of 980 radio in Regina said on the green zone that the Riders will win the Labour Day game and will probably sweep the season series. That statement made my blood boil.

I know this is an almost impossible game to win and that this will be the Riders "Grey Cup" game, but really, we the Bombers have GOT to win this game. Get the momentum early, run some trick plays, do whatever we need to do to win. Please, please, please Bombers...win this game!!
blue in greenland

Return to Blue Bomber Discussion

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts