Ourbombers.com - Winnipeg Blue Bombers Message Board

Unoffical Bombers Board since 1997

Bombers @ Als Gamethread

Discussion of the Blue Bombers and the CFL

Moderators: Colin Unger, Raydawg, bigg jay, kenny23

Postby NorthCarolinaBomber » Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:07 am

Well, after what seems like an eternity, it's time for football again. Big game Friday night in Montreal.

Obviously, a lot has happened since opening day between us and them. It was Willy who caused our O to suck in meeting 1, but will Matt Nichols change the game now by getting off to a faster start against them?

On paper this game looks good for us, but Montreal showed last week that they weren't about to just go away that easily, in a game that I thought Ottawa would beat them bad in.

I think it could come down to whether or not MTL has an answer for Denmark, or if our turnover-forcing defense is able to pick Glenn off a few times.

Feel free to post any injury/return updates.
NorthCarolinaBomber

Postby tones23 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:51 am

imo the bye week came at such a bad time, they were rolling I expect us to come out a bit flat and mtl coming off a big win I think they'll come out playing fast....if we can keep it close I think we can pull out a close win in the 4th
bomber 4 life
tones23

Postby NorthCarolinaBomber » Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:17 pm

I was a little late to the party but glad I caught most of the game, or at least all the moments that mattered. We had to battle them tight and hold em off all through the 3rd, but big boy Andrew Harris got us the clutch TD run late.

I love this team, we have broken 500 at 5-4, and have won 4 in a row for the first time since 2011 as they said.

We are gonna have a fun and I mean really fun 2 weeks coming up here at the LDC and Banjo Bowl, I cannot wait.
NorthCarolinaBomber

Postby 1962BB » Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:28 pm

A very satisfying win . They started like gangbusters but couldn't get a TD . In the end it didn't matter . Ultimately a TEAM win but thanks to our D and special teams .
1962BB

Postby NorthCarolinaBomber » Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:58 am

Well, that's the nature of the game. Plus, can't expect to blow everyone out week in and week out. And We're not going to go 14-4 either so we'll have to be prepared for a few losses before this is up.

We are now heading into the Labor Day and post-Labor Day part of the season. Historically, this is where we've struggled and where now it's going to be up to our coaches to change the trend we've experienced over the last 7 years.

Big game not only on Labor Day, but huge ones soon after.
NorthCarolinaBomber

Return to Blue Bomber Discussion

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts