Ourbombers.com - Winnipeg Blue Bombers Message Board

Unoffical Bombers Board since 1997

Official Bombers @ Argos Gamethread

Discussion of the Blue Bombers and the CFL

Moderators: Colin Unger, Raydawg, bigg jay, kenny23

Postby NorthCarolinaBomber » Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:27 pm

Gameday is here again finally, and tonight it is the show of Matt Nichols vs Logan Kilgore under center. Feeling good in fact feeling better about a game tonight than I have in a long time, and kickoff underway in less than 2 hours. Let's get this party started.
NorthCarolinaBomber

Postby NorthCarolinaBomber » Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:32 pm

Also, holding my breath that there's no more stupid *** rain delays
NorthCarolinaBomber

Postby NorthCarolinaBomber » Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:35 pm

Slow start but the Bombers now have the lead on a Nichols to Denmark TD pass following a Khalil Bass interception.

This one looks like a tight one tonight.
NorthCarolinaBomber

Postby NorthCarolinaBomber » Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:00 pm

Well, all in all, coulda been a better 1st half, but I also can't complain too much about having the lead. But man, Lapolice has got me scratching my head a little.
NorthCarolinaBomber

Postby NorthCarolinaBomber » Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:46 pm

We've had some breaks go our way this game no doubt, but Nichols and the O have started heating up after that slow start. That long drive capped by the Harris TD run was big, time to add another and make this game tougher for Kilgore.
NorthCarolinaBomber

Postby NorthCarolinaBomber » Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:37 pm

Wooo baby, we're now 3-0 under Nichols, and have reached .500

4-4 after the slow start, and positioned well heading into the bye. A much needed bye and a biggg win by double digits again.

Well, we'll be bringing heat into Labor Day.
NorthCarolinaBomber

Postby 1962BB » Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:35 pm

A little frustrating , nerve wracking say what you will for the first quarter for certain at least for me . Things could have been worse in terms of the score for the Blue after that quarter . They started to show improvement in the second . It was essentially joy watching the second half with the exception of a few issues , but obviously no big deal in the overall scheme of things . Nichols , Denmark , Fogg , Legitt ! Blue is on a role . I am so glad as this is much cheaper for me . Alcohol consumption way down .
1962BB

Postby In Motion » Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:23 pm

Bombers are fun to watch again! :)
In Motion

Postby 1962BB » Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:58 am

Playing in Toronto has been a traditional grave yard for the Blue for almost as long as I can remember . The win Friday night expunged much of that continuous nightmare for me although the first quarter was painful . Two weeks rest and then I again watch and worry as this team continues on its journey . Go Blue!
1962BB

Postby NorthCarolinaBomber » Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:11 pm

1962BB wrote:Playing in Toronto has been a traditional grave yard for the Blue for almost as long as I can remember . The win Friday night expunged much of that continuous nightmare for me although the first quarter was painful . Two weeks rest and then I again watch and worry as this team continues on its journey . Go Blue!

Well, hey come on now, this team isn't going to be blowing out every opponent week by week, and at some point you have to face adversity, that's part of football.

The good news I think is that unlike 2011 and 2014, instead of peaking too high too early, I think we might be hitting our stride at just the right time now. In the past it seems like our early good starts got automatically cooled down after playing the dirty green men in the Labor Day Classic. This year, we seem to be picking up traction heading out there which is a good sign and hopefully the train is rolling too fast for those evil greens to derail us this time.
NorthCarolinaBomber

Return to Blue Bomber Discussion

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts