Ourbombers.com - Winnipeg Blue Bombers Message Board

Unoffical Bombers Board since 1997

Bombers @ Argos Preview - Excitement Brewing

Discussion of the Blue Bombers and the CFL

Moderators: Colin Unger, Raydawg, bigg jay, kenny23

Postby NorthCarolinaBomber » Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:15 pm

Crazy isn't it how getting 2 in a row wins can change the narrative in the CFL? And that's what's going on here, there is buzz in Bomberland that the tide is turning, and the Bombers have a chance to prove it with a big win on the road to make it 4-4 going into the bye and have a whole new season coming out of it.

I know we still have a week to go but I can't remember being this eager to see a week 8 Bomber game in a long time it seems like.

We had them at week 8 last year and we were 3-4 then, but the feeling was one of apprehension and like the season was about to come to an end. Fast forward one year later and this time, it feels like the season is just getting started.

As many injuries as we've had, the Argos also have a lot of their own, including Ricky Ray, Tori Gurley, Diontae Spencer, Kevin Elliot, and some players in the secondary.

Kilgore did win last week, but he's very unproven and is going to be up against a Bomber defense that played with fire last week and is on a roll.

The way Nichols has flipped the switch on this team, I'm probably more confident about the team heading into Toronto than I've been in a while. It's true we haven't won there since 2012, but we've snapped multiple losing streaks in the last 2 weeks alone and can snap another this coming week.

Let's get to 4-4 here and the Riders will be scared of us coming into SSK on Labor Day.
NorthCarolinaBomber

Postby 1962BB » Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:29 am

I too am looking forward to the game against the Argos next week . I am thinking this game will be more pivotal than what we presently believe . If the Blue play well and win I think this team has a much better than average shot at the playoffs . If the team is shown up, dominated , plays without apparent purpose I think that will show us how far we still need to go . Two wins in a row is wonderful particularly the way the team played . This Argo game will be a real teller for me where this team is presently at .
1962BB

Postby NorthCarolinaBomber » Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:09 pm

1962BB wrote:I too am looking forward to the game against the Argos next week . I am thinking this game will be more pivotal than what we presently believe . If the Blue play well and win I think this team has a much better than average shot at the playoffs . If the team is shown up, dominated , plays without apparent purpose I think that will show us how far we still need to go . Two wins in a row is wonderful particularly the way the team played . This Argo game will be a real teller for me where this team is presently at .

Oh no doubt it's pivotal, I just feel very good about our chances, better than I have about any game all year so far.

I didn't really see much of the Toronto-Ottawa game, but I just wasn't all that impressed with Kilgore. He was okay, but didn't look any better to me really than say Alex Brink at his best or something like that. Toronto won that game because Ottawa's offense uncharacteristically executed poorly, and they made a mistake calling that fake fg when they did.

If Nichols keeps nailing his targets like he has been, we should be able to make them play catchup in a shootout, and I don't think they can keep up in that without Ricky Ray.
NorthCarolinaBomber

Postby NorthCarolinaBomber » Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:26 pm

Well, I must say, this wait period seems even longer than usual, and probably because it was the unusual Wednesday game. But, with the extra 2 days, this team should be more than adequately prepared to go into Toronto and bring their A-game.

I will say though, getting that 4-4 record would just feel like a huge accomplishment considering how slow this season started.

I typically don't like to get ahead of this game, and neither should the Bombers, but at 4-4, coming out on the other side of the bye, things look very favorable for us.

Post-bye weeks it's :

Montreal
SSK - LDC
SSK - Banjo Bowl
and Toronto again

On paper all 4 of those are games we should win. Realistically I think we win 3 of 4, but still, that's 7-5 at that point and potentially just 2 games away from winning a playoff spot. Very doable if we get to 4-4 at the break here.
NorthCarolinaBomber

Postby NorthCarolinaBomber » Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:24 pm

1 more day till game day and wow I can't wait. just so crazy, a little over 2 weeks ago it seemed we were looking for anything to try and put a silver lining in this season and now ... I'm feeling so optimistic about this game in Toronto I'm trying to tone it down and not get too overconfident. It's just hard though not to like your chances when over these last 2 weeks, Nichols has been something else and this whole team is playing on another level altogether. I will say though, completing the 3-game win streak would be monumentous heading into the bye.
NorthCarolinaBomber

Return to Blue Bomber Discussion

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts