Ourbombers.com - Winnipeg Blue Bombers Message Board

Unoffical Bombers Board since 1997

Official Tiger-Cats At Bombers Gamethread

Discussion of the Blue Bombers and the CFL

Moderators: Colin Unger, Raydawg, bigg jay, kenny23

Postby NorthCarolinaBomber » Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:47 am

Well, the one Wednesday night game of the year for us, and here we go.

I may be alone in my optimism, but I just can't help but feel we can actually get a multiple game win streak going as opposed to a multiple game losing streak. Partly because while it's been a slow start and we're still behind 500, the division and even the league just seems wide open this year and we've got a long way to go and could easily be in the mix to run for 2nd in the west, at least as having lost that series to Calgary I'm thinking we don't catch them but could gain on them enough by season's end to take 2nd.

Our wide receiver core is banged, up but this team just looked so much different with Nichols playing last week that I'm really thinking we got Lapolice's offense answer there.

Make no mistake we got our work cut out for us tonight, we gotta break the Loss-Loss-Win, Loss-Loss-Win pattern tonight and do it against a Hamilton team that's undefeated at IGF so far. But our team is on the cusp at the moment of turning things and around if we come out of this at 3-4 going into Toronto as opposed to 2-5, things are looking much brighter for us at the other side of the break.
NorthCarolinaBomber

Postby NorthCarolinaBomber » Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:15 pm

And on another note, the final answer to whether or not Mike O'Shea lasts the year or not could lie in the outcomes of these next 2 games.
NorthCarolinaBomber

Postby Bennie Thompson » Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:01 pm

This is interesting.

Wades master plan to increase Rum Hut sales perhaps.

Sounded like in the pre game chat the Cats thought because it was the Bombers they were okay to give Collaros another week. That could come back to bite them.

Late night ahead.
Bennie Thompson

Postby NorthCarolinaBomber » Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:41 pm

A Great late night though, Milt Stegall's getting a super halftime honorary, one worthy of popping 5 champagne bottles over.

Big Big Big Kudos to the fans sticking this out, they're getting their money's worth. Seriously it's too bad the whole city isn't banging on the door trying to come to the half time show.

Holy Freaking Cow what an amazing game, I love love love this, we are dominating the Cats.

Man, and to think some nuts wanted Masoli to come here and replace Willy.

And by the way Nichols is on pace to bust Ricky Ray's records in Winnipeg.
NorthCarolinaBomber

Postby Bennie Thompson » Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:08 pm

Cats suck big time. Did not expect this.

Bombers winning every battle. Fogg looking good on returns.

Guessing Austin goes ballistic at half time.

I still dislike O'Shea
Bennie Thompson

Postby Bennie Thompson » Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:18 pm

Should they let Willy mop up?

Looks like he is ready with the chin strap buckled.
Bennie Thompson

Postby In Motion » Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:30 pm

WOW!!! This is amazing. Great reward for the fans who stuck around and neat to have it happen on Milt Stegall Evening!!!
It reminds me of when the Bombers thumped Edmonton for the Grey Cup in 1990, 50- 11 :)
In Motion

Postby In Motion » Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:37 pm

You called it North Carolina Bomber. I believe the Bombers WILL
win this game. This will also probably re-ignite interest in the team.
I couldn't be happier! It's been a long time in coming, getting
back-to-back victories.
In Motion

Postby NorthCarolinaBomber » Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:14 am

Bennie Thompson wrote:Cats under Masoli suck big time. Did not expect this.

Bombers winning every battle. Fogg looking good on returns.

Guessing Austin goes ballistic at half time.

I still dislike O'Shea

I had to fix that post as I believe those bolded 2 words describe this a little better. Masoli, as good as he can look, has been awful against us and is a big turnover machine. I do think given the effort we showed, we might still have beaten Collaros had he come back, though I won't speculate on that. But Masoli when he's bad, he is downright Goltz bad.

Yeah, I know O'Shea still has a ways to go to become popular with some fans ... BUT

Tonight he kept the team focused in spite of a 2 hour delay and had a bunch of backups that had to come in playing with heart and treating the fans who stayed to the biggest home win in IGF history and making Milt's halftime show all the more special. Like him or not, you gotta give him big time credit for tonight.

More good news is that the Argos may be without Ricky Ray next week, we get the extra day and if we can take advantage of that, we'll be at 4-4 at the break with the chance to make a big time run at the playoffs.
NorthCarolinaBomber

Postby 1962BB » Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:34 am

I missed the game last night , could not stay up . Just got back from a holiday in Newfoundland and the time change was killing me . Anyway enough of my wussiness . Am simply delighted with the outcome of last nights game and of course the comments here from my fellow contributors who quite obviously have more stamina than myself . I am finding myself a little more excited about the Blue after having had much joy sucked right out of me over the past five years or so . Not certain yet if the team will continue to rack up wins but at least they are performing with some gusto and I really like gusto . Go Blue !!
1962BB

Postby tones23 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:38 am

well smack my a$$ and call me judy I was not expecting that at all!! but im glad I was wrong, this team has a spark with Nichols behind center also I hope this is only the beginning for mayo he looks really good out there
bomber 4 life
tones23

Return to Blue Bomber Discussion

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts