Ourbombers.com - Winnipeg Blue Bombers Message Board

Unoffical Bombers Board since 1997

Weekend wrapup

Discussion of the Blue Bombers and the CFL

Moderators: Colin Unger, Raydawg, bigg jay, kenny23

Postby Bennie Thompson » Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:32 am

Great games right across the league in week 6.

Thought BC played well enough to win but have to give credit to the Stamps. Thought Wally messed up and did not manage his challenges well which impacted late when they did not have a needed timeout. Easy to second guess after the fact. Tossing the int. was a tough end for a good game by Jennings. Losing Brooks plugging the middle seemed to change the game. Lions do appear to be real this year.

Loved the hammering of the Riders by the Als. Thought KG had a solid game and enjoyed Chris Jones melting down on the sidelines. Seems O'Shea isn't the only challenger of unchallengable calls. As good as they looked last week Sask came out flat this game.

Also happy to see Toronto beat the Red Blacks. Good to keep the playoff race tight and Ottawa humble. Nice game for Liram Hajrullahu who seems to be putting a good year together. Can only imagine that he is feeling pretty confident right now and would think it will help his game. As for the first time starting quarterback with the gun for an arm all you can say is " Who Dat ? ". Kudos to Jim Barker for putting a strong program together.

Watching the game I was reminded of his Bomber days a bit to see Nic Grigsby suck it up and return to the game after getting dinged up. His desire to get back out there always seemed to me to seperate him from the others and helped him to win the job in his early days in the league. Maybe a bit of a head case but a warrior none the less.

Of course the Bomber win was huge. Hoping it's not like the blind squirrel story. Thought I saw a touch of swagger out there and it looked good to me. Liked Nichols willingness to look and throw to R. Kolhert. A. Bowman seemed to have an off game with a few drops although Walker picked up the slack and was a force for the Esks. Patrick Watkins had a tough go again.

Week 7 starts Wednesday with the goofy schedule this year. Hopefully a good game and something to build on. Back to back wins might start some positive spin.
Bennie Thompson

Return to Blue Bomber Discussion

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts