Ourbombers.com - Winnipeg Blue Bombers Message Board

Unoffical Bombers Board since 1997

Ti-Cats @ Bombers Preview

Discussion of the Blue Bombers and the CFL

Moderators: Colin Unger, Raydawg, bigg jay, kenny23

Postby NorthCarolinaBomber » Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:54 pm

Well, right now i just really don't know what to think of this team. Just when you think Mike O'Shea is for sure going down, he comes up with another big road win and dodges a bullet.

But ... as per usual we have still got to solve this home field leaky walls qucksand problem. But ... if there was a time to do it, it's now!

The news is Collaros will not return in time for Wednesday's game. I actually don't know if that's good or bad and here's why. Yes at full strength Collaros is tough to beat, but he's gonna be rusty his first game back in action, and i think a rusty Collaros may be more beatable than an unpredictable Masoli.

I think therein lies the key: If the bad Masoli shows up again (which after 2 good games he might), we win. If the good Masoli shows up, we could be in trouble.

I'm glad to see Nichols get another shot, but he's gonna have a tougher time to get it done though in that it looks like no Dressler, Adams, or McDuffie will go, and Smith probably won't return till post-bye.

This game I think may be the last crack Mayo has to show he can get it done as a receiver. I love his speed, but he's gonna need to show his hands. Sheppard needs to show he can get open and expect Rory Kohlert and Jace Davis to get most the targets.

But I think the bigger key to the offense will be springing Harris on both the runs and the pass. He was pretty big last game in Hamilton, and he's gonna need to do it again Wednesday.
User avatar
NorthCarolinaBomber
 
Posts: 1206
Joined: Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:06 pm

Postby Bennie Thompson » Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:15 pm

Can't say I care for Kent Austin but will admit he has changed the mentality of the team in a positive way since he has taken over.

Will say I have been impressed with the play of Laurent and Nevis in the middle of the D line so far this year. Obviously with them being a force it makes Chick coming off the end more effective as well. Scary to think they lost 3 starters on the D line from last year. Have also heard Evan Gills name mentioned more frequently than Linden Gaydosh so they also have depth in case of an injury or disqualification event. Remember Gaydosh being a high draft pick so don't know if he is on track to be a force or not.

Would like to be wrong on this but kind of expect Harris to have limited success in terms of yards gained but know he will show up to play and do his part to help with protection. Think Simoni Lawrence will be watching Harris closely.

Kicking game will be a wash despite Medlocks rep as the best in the league and special teams will have their hands full with Brandon Banks who plays well against us.

Mentioned it earlier in the year about trading Dressler and Smith for Tasker and Owens and would do it today given the chance. I would love to see a big game from Clarence Denmark and think it can happen. Overall advantage Hamilton at receiver.

The loss earlier in the year will no doubt be not forgotten as yet and although I hope the Bombers pull it out I will be happy with another well played, hard fought game. Play that way and anything can happen.

Tough call on the spread. Some might favor Hamilton by 6. I say close game but Winnipeg falls short and does not cover.
Bennie Thompson
 
Posts: 153
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:35 pm

Postby NorthCarolinaBomber » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:34 pm

Bennie Thompson wrote:Can't say I care for Kent Austin but will admit he has changed the mentality of the team in a positive way since he has taken over.

Will say I have been impressed with the play of Laurent and Nevis in the middle of the D line so far this year. Obviously with them being a force it makes Chick coming off the end more effective as well. Scary to think they lost 3 starters on the D line from last year. Have also heard Evan Gills name mentioned more frequently than Linden Gaydosh so they also have depth in case of an injury or disqualification event. Remember Gaydosh being a high draft pick so don't know if he is on track to be a force or not.
.


Well if there are 2 things we got going that can counter that it's that Travis Bond on our O-line and the combo we've been working there seem to be finding ways to counter opposing D-line's punch. Sure Edmonton's D hasn't been that good this year compared to the TiCats, but still it was an improvement last week. And second, Matt Nichols has a quick release and is way more decisive throwing that ball than Willy, that I think our O can neutralize the Hamilton front 7. Simoni Lawrence got moved out of the plays last time, can we do that to him again this time?
User avatar
NorthCarolinaBomber
 
Posts: 1206
Joined: Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:06 pm

Postby Bennie Thompson » Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:40 am

Seems the Bombers have more believers than I expected with the Cats only favoured by as much as 3.5 and as little as 1.5. Almost tempting to bite on that one.

My view on the key to success is to keep Nichols upright and in the game. Hope NCB is right about his faith in our O line.

Should be another great evening for the game and expect the stands to be a bit fuller after last weeks win.

Predicting 10 tackles for Ian Wild .
Bennie Thompson
 
Posts: 153
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:35 pm

Postby NorthCarolinaBomber » Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:52 pm

Bennie Thompson wrote:Seems the Bombers have more believers than I expected with the Cats only favoured by as much as 3.5 and as little as 1.5. Almost tempting to bite on that one.

My view on the key to success is to keep Nichols upright and in the game. Hope NCB is right about his faith in our O line.

Should be another great evening for the game and expect the stands to be a bit fuller after last weeks win.

Predicting 10 tackles for Ian Wild .


Well, I won't lie, I'm not a big fan of Richie Hall's, I think he could be much more consistent about getting pressure schemes out of the defense than he does, but I think Masoli's unpredictableness, looking like a bad apple one week but then like an all-pro another is the big part of these early lines.
User avatar
NorthCarolinaBomber
 
Posts: 1206
Joined: Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:06 pm

Postby NorthCarolinaBomber » Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:02 pm

Oh, by the way, another player to look at tomorrow night they say is Kris Adams, a new WR who's going to be on the field tomorrow.

Game within the game is these backup WRs have to step up and reward Nichols's confidence in them.
User avatar
NorthCarolinaBomber
 
Posts: 1206
Joined: Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:06 pm

Postby Bennie Thompson » Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:02 pm

NorthCarolinaBomber wrote:I'm not a big fan of Richie Hall's, I think he could be much more consistent about getting pressure schemes out of the defense than he does,


Thought Dunnigan commented last week that the Bombers were doing a better job of disguising their D and keeping Reilly guessing. Of course now there is film on it.

Gonna be nice to see Milt being honored and his name go up on the ring as well. Shame that he doesn't have a couple of Grey Cup rings after all that he did. I still remember his catch in Montreal in 2001. Amazing.
Bennie Thompson
 
Posts: 153
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:35 pm

Postby NorthCarolinaBomber » Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:50 pm

Bennie Thompson wrote:
NorthCarolinaBomber wrote:I'm not a big fan of Richie Hall's, I think he could be much more consistent about getting pressure schemes out of the defense than he does,


Thought Dunnigan commented last week that the Bombers were doing a better job of disguising their D and keeping Reilly guessing. Of course now there is film on it.

Gonna be nice to see Milt being honored and his name go up on the ring as well. Shame that he doesn't have a couple of Grey Cup rings after all that he did. I still remember his catch in Montreal in 2001. Amazing.


Ehhh, well yeah in a way. Main thing was that Hall had them playing back and deep to take away the deep balls that Reilly's been famous for throwing. He didn't seem all that happy about having to try to methodically work his way down the field.

Thing is the Tiger-Cats run a much different style of offense and I think Richie Hall needs to bring the heat big time and bring them up to play press man coverage. I may be weighing too much bad against the good he's done but I'm just not a huge fan of his schemes.
User avatar
NorthCarolinaBomber
 
Posts: 1206
Joined: Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:06 pm


Return to Blue Bomber Discussion

  • View new posts
  • View unanswered posts
  • Who is online
  • In total there are 3 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 3 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
  • Most users ever online was 428 on Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:10 pm
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests