Ourbombers.com - Winnipeg Blue Bombers Message Board

Unoffical Bombers Board since 1997

Bombers @ Eskimos Gamethread ... O'Shea On The Precipice

Discussion of the Blue Bombers and the CFL

Moderators: Colin Unger, Raydawg, bigg jay, kenny23

Postby NorthCarolinaBomber » Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:58 am

Well, realistically we'll probably be 1-5 by the end of tonight, but if our offense gets something done like scoring above 30 points to make the game close or something and Nichols shows something good, that'll be something to hang the hat on. Because next week we got the TiCats at home, a sure loss that we've had the last 3 years, and then going on the road to Toronto where we haven't won since 2012. The break is coming up and if we were able to start a 2-game win streak going into it, I might just have a little hope for this team.

I'm thinking this ... go into the break at 1-7 or 2-6, I think Mike O'Shea will get fired, or if not at the break very shortly after. He's not getting that contract extension at this rate and if this team shows no signs of getting back into the playoff race at that point, they're gonna have to do something like promoting Lapolice (even though I'm not much of a fan of him either) to head coach before the playoffs are completely out of reach. So ... I think yeah tonight winning is the only way to buy time, but if not a win, they're going to need to take a lot more positives than negatives out so they can try to get momentum before the bye.
NorthCarolinaBomber

Postby Bennie Thompson » Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:26 pm

Haven't seen the line on the game but assuming Edm. to be favoured by at least 10.

No doubt the Bombers are desperate to try anything and I think that is more behind giving Nichols a go more than anything else. Wade will be wearing his lucky socks for sure because that is their next best plan.

I expect Nichols to fight like hell for a win. He knows the situation. Worse case scenario is to have him get knocked out of the game early. In that scenario we lose for sure.

Anyway... crazier things have happened.

Looking forward to a good game and predict the Bombers cover.

Good luck, Go Blue
Bennie Thompson

Postby NorthCarolinaBomber » Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:18 pm

All right, that's the end of Drew Willy, all it took was under 10 plays to score that TD and Willy can't even get one in the first quarter.

I say bench Drew the rest of the season and make Matt the full time starter. Those Nichols bashers have been owned.
NorthCarolinaBomber

Postby NorthCarolinaBomber » Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:36 pm

Even if our last 3 scores we're FGs, scoring on every drive, already more points in their house than we scored all in IGF, Nichols beating Willy right out of the water.

Time to put Willy on the trade block and give Nichols a 500 K salary. He's the new Ricky Ray in Winnipeg.
NorthCarolinaBomber

Postby NorthCarolinaBomber » Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:36 pm

Wow, now that's what I really call a win. We had not beaten this team in 4 years, or won in Edmonton in 10 for that matter. This is totally Yuuugeeee.

Also, I think we found our QB. He may not always have been perfect tonight, but there is no doubt this team played a **** ton better because of him, and all that despite no Dressler, losing McDuffie, and even Jace Davis shaken up a few times.

This is now Matt Nichols's team.
NorthCarolinaBomber

Postby NorthCarolinaBomber » Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:55 am

Man, where is everybody? Win a big big game on the road where we haven't won in 10 years, and against a team that we haven't beaten since 2012, where's the celebrations?

I know we need to take this and start winning at home and get rid of that atrocious 7-23 record there and all, but if there was ever a jumpstart we needed to that, this is it.
NorthCarolinaBomber

Return to Blue Bomber Discussion

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts