Ourbombers.com - Winnipeg Blue Bombers Message Board

Unoffical Bombers Board since 1997

Sad to say...

Discussion of the Blue Bombers and the CFL

Moderators: Colin Unger, Raydawg, bigg jay, kenny23

Postby Achilles » Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:09 pm

..but read the content of some of these posts and you have to agree the site has become bit of a joke. Very sad, considering what it once was.
Achilles

Postby road griller » Sun Jul 24, 2016 3:56 pm

In fairness the biggest joke is the Bombers circa 2009 until now and beyond.

The other sites are no better, big yawn fest of the same posters saying the same thing, taking the same stance.

Blah blah blah. You are a moron, no I'm nice, no you are not, no this is my schtick I know more than you, Mack is a god you know nothing my knees are worn out....

My posts rock though, Gimme an R!!!
Winners win, losers lose.
road griller

Postby Achilles » Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:22 pm

I don't know if they are all the same. There is an excellent post by Mike on the other site in which he says something I have always felt myself, only he he writes it much better than I could have done. He suggests that we don't have enough of the right type of players, that "type" being those who played on the edge and were downright tough. As examples he names K.D Williams, Brandon Dyson, Demond Washington, Jonathan Hefney among others. I would have added Jamie Stoddard who would regularly jump in to let opponents know he didn't appreciate dirty play. These were players with some "attitude."
I've always felt that part of the problem was that we were a community team and as such looked to sign,let's say,"nice" people who would always fit in with "our culture." They would "behave" !
There is room on any team for some of the others. Mike was upset at the way Brandon was allowed to leave and so was I . "He wasn't "a good boy", though, and he was truly not liked - by opponents ! Have we got players like that ? I wouldn't mind betting that Jones will cultivate a few in Sask.
The odd post isn't just the "same old stuff".. I thought Mike's was much different from the usual and a darned good suggestion that hasn't been brought up for a long long time.
Achilles

Postby road griller » Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:33 pm

Lol, you slam this site then refer to one post???

The IMWTers drove the wedge and are still fighting about it years later.
Last edited by road griller on Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Winners win, losers lose.
road griller

Postby NorthCarolinaBomber » Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:27 pm

Achilles wrote:I don't know if they are all the same. There is an excellent post by Mike on the other site in which he says something I have always felt myself, only he he writes it much better than I could have done. He suggests that we don't have enough of the right type of players, that "type" being those who played on the edge and were downright tough. As examples he names K.D Williams, Brandon Dyson, Demond Washington, Jonathan Hefney among others. I would have added Jamie Stoddard who would regularly jump in to let opponents know he didn't appreciate dirty play. These were players with some "attitude."
I've always felt that part of the problem was that we were a community team and as such looked to sign,let's say,"nice" people who would always fit in with "our culture." They would "behave" !
There is room on any team for some of the others. Mike was upset at the way Brandon was allowed to leave and so was I . "He wasn't "a good boy", though, and he was truly not liked - by opponents ! Have we got players like that ? I wouldn't mind betting that Jones will cultivate a few in Sask.
The odd post isn't just the "same old stuff".. I thought Mike's was much different from the usual and a darned good suggestion that hasn't been brought up for a long long time.

I don't get the sense that the team is community-owned as much as they should be, or at least it seems like the Bombers' BOD has this kind of autonomy that puts them on their own island doing things to run the team that who the hell knows what they answer to.

But, I feel like what's really happened is expectations year to year from management are just not raised to the degree they should be. Maybe that's not the case, and perhaps in starting Matt Nichols MOS is beginning to feel the heat to win. But in some ways it has felt like the team has not put the emphasis on winning like they should.

I feel like one of the biggest issues is that we really have not brought coaches to this team who have offensive pedigrees that can get a big play explosive offense going. If you're gonna be a successful CFL team long-term, you gotta get an offense that's got big plays it runs off of. Certainly our QB problems have not helped that, but I don't think our OC choices have been good either. I think we need a dual-threat coaching staff that's got a head coach who's a leading offensive guru, and a young upstart OC who's going to be throwing out wrinkles right and left for him. We have the core players on this team to have an explosive offense, just not the coaching to do it.
NorthCarolinaBomber

Postby pitthead » Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:36 am

The worst part about this site is the fact that I can barely see the letters on the screen. Black letters on a brown screen become fuzzy and almost invisible. This site was soooooooo much better in the original format. I noticed a big drop off in postings after the developers launched this so-called "new and improved" format. Quite frankly, this site hurts my eyes. that's why I basically stopped coming here. That's what's really sad. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
pitthead

Return to Blue Bomber Discussion

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts