Ourbombers.com - Winnipeg Blue Bombers Message Board

Unoffical Bombers Board since 1997

Breaking News, nickels to start.

Discussion of the Blue Bombers and the CFL

Moderators: Colin Unger, Raydawg, bigg jay, kenny23

Postby road griller » Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:17 am

Have people working on it as we speak but word is nickels to start in Edmonton.

According to Facebook anyways.
Winners win, losers lose.
road griller

Postby NorthCarolinaBomber » Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:04 pm

Actually to serious fans, this is true

http://www.bluebombers.com/2016/07/24/n ... -the-helm/

But please .... spell the name right.

And by the way, I am totally in favor of this. Call it desperation if you want, but at 1-4 and with the team just looking unresponsive to Willy, it had to be done, and if that doesn't make you desperate to win, I don't know what does. But unlike Elliot, Brink, Goltz, Hall, Brohm or Marve, Nichols has the experience, the mechanics and the mental composure to get the job done, so I say we give him the rope.

I also wouldn't doubt Willy will get another shot, but if you're gonna light a fire under him this is how it has to be done.
NorthCarolinaBomber

Postby road griller » Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:56 pm

WooooooOH! Cowboy, Goltz is way better than anything these clowns have to offer.

Silly Willy, nickels whatever they suck. They need to adjust the tie. Losers....
Winners win, losers lose.
road griller

Postby tones23 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:09 pm

u mean to tell me that steingart wasnt the one to break this news?????
bomber 4 life
tones23

Postby NorthCarolinaBomber » Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:33 pm

road griller wrote:WooooooOH! Cowboy, Goltz is way better than anything these clowns have to offer.

Silly Willy, nickels whatever they suck. They need to adjust the tie. Losers....

Go home boy, you're drunk!!
NorthCarolinaBomber

Postby blue in greenland » Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:51 pm

So what happens if Nicholls doesn't play well? Then what?

Honestly, I think we would be better off if OShea had put Nicholls in when Willy had first faltered...which would have meant playing him in the second half of the first game...

IMHO Nicholls is not starting QB material (but neither is Willy as we are finding out).

The Bombers should probably go with a 2 man QB system for the rest of the year until one of Bennett or Davis is ready.

I really doubt Willy is with this club next year...unless he is ready to take a back ups salary.

Just my 2 cents worth...
blue in greenland

Postby NorthCarolinaBomber » Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:29 am

blue in greenland wrote:So what happens if Nicholls doesn't play well? Then what?

As I said in another post, Willy's likely to get another shot at some point in another week or 2, I'm not thinking he's done yet. But Nichols is a guy who I've always thought had starter's potential in him that just never got allowed to be because of injuries ending his seasons in Edmonton. While it's not likely he'll be stringing together multiple wins for us, there is a chance he can and might get the ball rolling. But if not, Willy will get a couple more chances to prove he's the clutch QB we all thought he was going to be 2 years ago, but if he fails those again, we'll be hunting for both a new coach and a new QB this offseason.
NorthCarolinaBomber

Postby blue in greenland » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:53 pm

So...? How is Nicholls going to do tomorrow? I'd like to say he will awe us...but...realistically...2 touchdown passes with no interceptions is more likely a good night for him.

Sadly, I do not think Nicholls will have the ball enough of the time as Reilly will likely have his way with our defense.

So I think Nicholls goal will be ball control...not this 2 and out stuff we have seen too much of this season
blue in greenland

Postby NorthCarolinaBomber » Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:46 am

blue in greenland wrote:So...? How is Nicholls going to do tomorrow? I'd like to say he will awe us...but...realistically...2 touchdown passes with no interceptions is more likely a good night for him.

Sadly, I do not think Nicholls will have the ball enough of the time as Reilly will likely have his way with our defense.

So I think Nicholls goal will be ball control...not this 2 and out stuff we have seen too much of this season

Yeah, Richie Hall I think is one guy who should be fired even before Mike O'Shea is, our D against their O sounds like bad news to me.

But even if our O doesn't quite keep up with theirs, it's still the thing to be paying attention to. I think the game will be closer than people think, and maybe I'm expecting a bit too much out of Matt Nichols, but it just seems like the last few times, counting preseason that he's been in that the O has just responded better to him and things actually get done when he's in, as long as receivers aren't dropping balls.
NorthCarolinaBomber

Return to Blue Bomber Discussion

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts