Ourbombers.com - Winnipeg Blue Bombers Message Board

Unoffical Bombers Board since 1997

O'Shea Has Got To Go

Discussion of the Blue Bombers and the CFL

Moderators: Colin Unger, Raydawg, bigg jay, kenny23

Postby J_Blue » Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:47 am

Mike O'Shea's time with the Big Blue is over. He's a great guy, but the bombers need a head coach and this guy is not getting the job done. The plainly stupid call of going for a fake field goal on third and ten was the last straw for me. This is what you get when you take a player who was a special teams demon and then a special teams coach for only three years and put him in as a head coach. All those wacky ideas that he had as a special teams coach that would be shut down by a knowledgeable head coach - like trying a fake field goal on third and ten - can now be tried because there is no one there to counter his special teams enthusiasm. This guy is still a special teams coach and he needs someone to reel him in when his wacky special teams ideas arise. He is not a head coach and now into his third season has gotten to be an embarrassment. This will only get worse with O'Shea at the helm. Time to gut his loose and let LaPo take over and then do a complete search in the off season. Let LaPo throw his hat in the ring, but cut O'Shea loose now, while there is still some time to make this a season. Just an embarrassment.
When the going gets weird, the Weird turn Pro. - H.S. Thompson
I paid my four bits to see the girlie show, and I'm goinna SEE the girlie show!! Yosemite Sam
J_Blue

Postby J_Blue » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:50 pm

This weekend or next, it's coming. Wish it wasn't so, but can't see him survive July. :cry:
When the going gets weird, the Weird turn Pro. - H.S. Thompson
I paid my four bits to see the girlie show, and I'm goinna SEE the girlie show!! Yosemite Sam
J_Blue

Postby road griller » Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:16 pm

This IS the game IMO. Do they stand up and fight or do they pull an at home special and roll over and expose their soft underbelly?

We will find out shortly...
Winners win, losers lose.
road griller

Postby NorthCarolinaBomber » Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:08 pm

J_Blue wrote:This weekend or next, it's coming. Wish it wasn't so, but can't see him survive July. :cry:

Dude, let's at least finish this game first before starting up this crazy talk. We need to get the W for sure, but up 13-10 against a good team at the half, that's a good start.
NorthCarolinaBomber

Postby road griller » Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:20 pm

Bombers showing their soft underbelly at the end. Starting off like mos pos. Put on some pants Mike. Enough already....
road griller

Postby road griller » Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:47 pm

Dunzo. See you short shorts....
road griller

Postby NorthCarolinaBomber » Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:45 pm

More like O'Shea is just about due for his contract extension, which I think is going to happen after this game, or after the Blue hit 9 wins. Either way, this whole thread came up way too premature.

I do hope what's been a special season thus far here in Winnipeg isn't a 1-year wonder like that 2004 Greg Marshall season in Hamilton, MOS certainly doesn't want to have a big drop next year. But I think it's blatantly false the notion that he can't whip the players into shape. It was obviously Willy that held the team back in part early on this year, and possibly the O-line needing that shakeup. But I think now we're finally seeing the things from MOS that we had expected when we hired him.
NorthCarolinaBomber

Postby blue in greenland » Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:26 pm

Yeah I think you extend OShea and Walters either now or after the season (in fact Miller has already brought it up with them).. We have 6 games left. If we go 3 and 3 we end at 11 - 7...and that is a good record any way you slice it. Even if we make the playoffs and lose in the semifinal, we still need to re -up these guys. IMHO we are a dynamic quarterback (a.k.a. a Mike Reilly or Bo- Levi Mitchell type) and one tall receiver from being on the same level as Calgary - although Matt Nicolls is doing an outstanding job and doing everything asked of him, and he MAY even be good enough to be part of a Grey Cup winning team at some point.
blue in greenland

Return to Blue Bomber Discussion

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts