Ourbombers.com - Winnipeg Blue Bombers Message Board

Unoffical Bombers Board since 1997

Drew Willy's Job On The Line - Start Nichols

Discussion of the Blue Bombers and the CFL

Moderators: Colin Unger, Raydawg, bigg jay, kenny23

Postby NorthCarolinaBomber » Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:14 am

As per a radio thing Wicek said, and I'm gonna say it before Mr Steingart says it, Willy is on a short leash now. Sounds like if he doesn't get the train going early next week the coaches are gonna yank him for Nichols.

Thank god too, about time he got held accountable. These redzone turnovers are getting ridiculous and we gotta stop wasting drives like this.
NorthCarolinaBomber

Postby road griller » Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:05 pm

Nothing like being reactive instead of proactive. It's the Bombers way.

He should have never seen the end of the third quarter. It was a winnable game flushed down the toilet.

oshay won't recover from that brain fart IMO. Hope being stubborn/loyal was worth it.
Winners win, losers lose.
road griller

Postby Achilles » Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:05 pm

Interesting to see a really good coach,Wally ,at work in the Sask v BC game. He was not at all happy with the lack of pressure on the replacement and still fairly inexperienced Sask. QB who a was in fact having a pretty good game.
You could see Wally explaining with arm movements what needed to be done. It "was" done and BC walked away with the second half and won fairly easily. He was very forceful with the def. coach when it was needed and he didn't seem to think twice about the fact that it was on TV. I didn't lose any respect for him . Should I have done ?
He also explained why he needed to pull Jennings in the previous game and hoped Jennings realized why it had been done and that it was good for him to be taken out at that point.
Doug B.made a similar comment that leaving Willy there in the last game when the crowd was so displeased and booing, was more apt to add to his lowered self confidence level rather than boost it because he had been left in to battle on.
Achilles

Postby road griller » Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:24 am

Good observation, no question Wally wins with our roster.

It's the old saying, winners win, losers lose.

Be nice to have a group of winners run this team for a change.
road griller

Postby NorthCarolinaBomber » Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:41 pm

I think Nichols should get the next start. He at least was gunning it down the field and showed the willingness to go for big plays out there. Maybe he wasn't perfect, but give him more first team reps so he can get that chemistry and we might actually do something on O.
NorthCarolinaBomber

Postby road griller » Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:27 am

NorthCarolinaBomber wrote:I think Nichols should get the next start. He at least was gunning it down the field and showed the willingness to go for big plays out there. Maybe he wasn't perfect, but give him more first team reps so he can get that chemistry and we might actually do something on O.

Shuffle the deck chairs on the Titanic, this team is sunk.

Thanks wade......
road griller

Postby NorthCarolinaBomber » Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:06 pm

Well, looks like the coaches have decided to try it, because Nichols is starting this next game.
NorthCarolinaBomber

Postby NorthCarolinaBomber » Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:31 pm

And it looks like Nichols is going to be our guy, whooo hoo hooo.

Man, look at this offense now. Looks like Ricky Ray in his prime leading us compared to that junk Willy was putting on that field.

Willy, you are giving up the throne to Matty N.
NorthCarolinaBomber

Postby NorthCarolinaBomber » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:42 pm

I mean, I know it's starting to get redundant around Bomber forums, but I just think Willy hit the ceiling and he and the Bombers have about lived out the days. A lot of people seem to be down on Nichols but you just can't argue last game the results were completely opposite of what we've been seeing and Nichols just seems to know how to run Lapolice's offense. We have seen what Willy can do and if we hadn't switched to Nichols, it probably would've been the same old FG-kicking 2 and out offense we'd seen all year.

He's probably going to be stuck here the rest of the season until the contract gets addressed, but I think this offseason gotta move on.
NorthCarolinaBomber

Previous

Return to Blue Bomber Discussion

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts