Ourbombers.com - Winnipeg Blue Bombers Message Board

Unoffical Bombers Board since 1997

Floor Of Expectations For Mike O'Shea In 2016

Discussion of the Blue Bombers and the CFL

Moderators: Colin Unger, Raydawg, bigg jay, kenny23

What Should MOS's Minimum Accomplishments Be In 2016 To Stick Around?

Must Make The Playoffs
83%
Must Win The West Semifinal
17%
Must Win The West And Host The West Final
No votes
Must Get To The Grey Cup
No votes
Must Win The Grey Cup
No votes

Total votes : 12

Postby NorthCarolinaBomber » Fri May 27, 2016 9:12 pm

Only 12 days away from preseason action and both games to be on TV.

I am feeling more pumped up about this year's team than I have in a long time, more so even than anticipating 2014. I mean I know last year was a setback, but I feel like this year's team really is gearing up to make a legitimate run at a championship. I am btw fully prepared to eat my words if this season goes to crap as usual, it is something I know we bomber fans have had to live with over the years, but I just really feel this time we got some legitimate reasons to set our expectations of the team very high. And no I don't really know what it is, but just something about this year feels very different and really feels like THE YEAR.
NorthCarolinaBomber

Postby Dee Urban Hermit » Sun May 29, 2016 11:42 pm

I have to admit that reading about training camp day one, the local media really sounds pretty excited. The Bomber Store claims that it was even busier than than most game days. There are a lot of people here getting jacked for the new season.

You know the Riders like to claim they have the best fans in the league. No way! If after 25 years of continuous disappointments and the fans are ready to throw their faith at this team one more time, who can beat that?

So after that little rant, I really believe these guys are going to turn the corner and be the true competitors that we have been waiting for.

We'll see.
Dee Urban Hermit

Postby NorthCarolinaBomber » Tue May 31, 2016 8:48 pm

Dee Urban Hermit wrote:I have to admit that reading about training camp day one, the local media really sounds pretty excited. The Bomber Store claims that it was even busier than than most game days. There are a lot of people here getting jacked for the new season.

You know the Riders like to claim they have the best fans in the league. No way! If after 25 years of continuous disappointments and the fans are ready to throw their faith at this team one more time, who can beat that?

So after that little rant, I really believe these guys are going to turn the corner and be the true competitors that we have been waiting for.

We'll see.

Very much so, I know some of us get more rabid than others, but I know we all are ready to finally see the team put up a season we can all get excited for throughout the whole 20 weeks. And yeah, those Rider fans have loved their bragging rights of loyalty, but get any number of losing seasons like we've had and they too would go off on an anger/apathy rave.
NorthCarolinaBomber

Postby 1962BB » Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:23 pm

For me the very bottom line this season is making the playoffs and to be competitive in that game . Win or lose , be very competitive and create the basis of an even better team and better expectation for 2017 . I am so very sick of losing year after year .
1962BB

Postby NorthCarolinaBomber » Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:53 pm

Agreed, I'm starting to think, and I know it's only been preseason, but Mike O'Shea's clock may be about expired. I say this because this team, even in preseason should be able to generate excitement.

I know Walters will take flack too, but in fairness to him he was out getting exactly the players we wanted and changing the offensive coordinator, so it wasn't like he was just sitting back doing nothing.

At this time, I just can't put our starters' offensive struggles on simply the backs, receivers, or Lapolice. He's made offenses go with far less in the toolbox that what he has now, and at some point the struggles fall on primarily the QB, and ultimately the head coach.

Willy at this point, even with the injuries he's had, should not be looking like that in the pocket, and I'm reluctant to believe that Lapo doesn't have options built in for him to get rid of that ball quicker. I am worried he's become damaged goods though like Buck Pierce his now mentor.

I really feel like MOS should make the tough decision of going with Nichols as the starter because at least when he's in there, he gets rid of the ball quick and the team seems to respond to him better. If he starts struggling, stick Willy back in there, because I haven't given up on him yet, but this team can't afford to fall behind again this year and get their lunch money continually stolen by Edmonton and Hamilton, that has to change.

If this team keeps looking like dead beats despite our big offseason, Mike O'Shea has no more excuses.
NorthCarolinaBomber

Postby NorthCarolinaBomber » Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:22 am

Well, credit Mike O'Shea for one thing, he did get us to .500 at the bye which considering the start we had, I had my doubts we were going to get there. So ... with that being said, I don't think he'll be gone before the season ends, especially when the team has hit a 3-game roll.

But .... we're headed towards Labor Day now and we cannot make any mistake that this competition is gonna ramp up big time heading into September, especially in the West as those games will have tremendous impact on the playoff races. I think O'Shea should secure a playoff spot before getting an extension to his contract.
NorthCarolinaBomber

Postby 1962BB » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:56 am

So here we are , four and four at the bye week . I think this is pretty good for a Bomber team after the previous four years of really rotten football . I don`t recall who actually said it , was it the Argo coach or GM , who stated that finally MOS has a talented football team to work with . Of course the direct implication was the Blue did not have sufficient talent in the previous years and therefore MOS should not be held directly responsible for the two previous losing seasons in which he was coach . I had stated earlier in the year that I thought our GM had brought in a number of good players particularly via free agency however it also looks like the scouts found a number of exceptional rookies as well . I think Walters has done his job this year . With the addition of Lapolice and the decision by MOS to replace a clearly struggling Willy , this team is on a bit of a roll . Can`t predict with any certainty what the rest of the year will look like but I do hope the play of the Blue with continue to be highly competitive . At this stage it looks like MOS is well on his way to receiving at least a two year contract extension . There , I have just gone and done it . I have jinxed the poor bugger and the team . Sorry .
1962BB

Previous

Return to Blue Bomber Discussion

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts