Ourbombers.com - Winnipeg Blue Bombers Message Board

Unoffical Bombers Board since 1997

Bluto vs. Mike 2011 Season Bet

Moderators: Raydawg, bigg jay, kenny23

Postby bluto » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:08 am

LOL! we get a thread in what is basically a forum all to ourselves for this?

awesome! 8)

so... my over/under on Buck Pierce's games started is 9.5 games

if Huntley and company end his season very early on, i'll likely be magnanimous and offer you an easier way out of the bet. i honestly feel like i'm taking advantage of you here, Mike.
CHAMP16NS
bluto

Postby bluto » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:09 pm

well, if the Argo's plane crashes on it's way to Calgary and no team of JV players in the GTA is available (who would still finish higher then the Bombers... obviously)... then maybe you can worry about who to get on your hypothetical jersey.

perhaps you could get a classic Bomber player from years gone by? remember wayyyy back when they actually used to win the occasional GC? one of those old timers would do.
CHAMP16NS
bluto

Postby bluto » Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:35 pm

Mike wrote:Has Barker found you a 1000 yard receiver yet?

Lemon may find a couple of them...

Has Lapdog found you a 5th win yet?
CHAMP16NS
bluto

Postby bluto » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:07 pm

Mike wrote:We'll be just fine ;)

So .. does Toronto win in week 1?

i'm not betting on it. Calgary is good and McMahon has been a bad place for Argonauts in recent seasons. it could happen though... Calgary's secondary and O-Line (their 2 weak spots, imo)could face a stern test.

but my Pro-Line will be four home wins.
CHAMP16NS
bluto

Postby bluto » Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:57 pm

Week 2 on deck! Argonauts continue their 3 game road trip to start the year... (seriously, what crappy scheduling! thanks a heap Rogers!)

i'm predicting a convincing Argo win and a stretcher with Buck Pierce's name on it.
CHAMP16NS
bluto

Postby bluto » Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:21 am

your forum-mates make it way too easy for me.

it isn't enough that a group of fans who's team was a deserved 4-14 and made no appreciable upgrades almost unanimously picked the Argos to finish last in the East (better believe i bookmarked that gem of a thread)...

but now after beating a hapless TiCats team they start a week 1 power ranking thread that almost unanimously has them ahead of Toronto again. (bookmarked)

is it really that mysterious to an educated football fan how the Argos keep winning games? (and they can't even say it was from big plays on STs this time :lol: ) let alone the fact that we did it on the road in the house of a team who many expect to win the West and the GC...

oh well. i've explained it a time or two already and don't feel the need to again. but do me a favour Mike, as a friend, please? if the Argos do to Winnipeg this weekend what i expect them to do... and the alleged smart fans on this forum start bellyaching about how lucky the Argos are and how teams always seem to play like **** against them... maybe you (instead of me this time... i don't care to get flamed after just 2 weeks) could suggest to them that after years of winning ugly, maybe it isn't luck and that perhaps trench warfare and field position is a legit strategy in the CFL?
CHAMP16NS
bluto

Postby bluto » Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:48 am

Mike wrote:We'll just ignore the fact that if Maver hadn't missed THREE gimmies, you guys would have lost.

Any one of those 3 ducks goes through the uprights and we're sitting here talking about how you're 0-1 ;)

It's a risky game you guys play. It's effective at times. But risky. You guys can't keep winning games by the skin of your teeth. No team can.

PS I fear Claude Wroten

true. i guess that's why we keep two good canadian kickers on the gameday roster... must suck to lose those games.

and i don't think we'll be winning by merely the skin of our teeth. we were well ahead before the defence took a vacation for awhile in the 4th... kinda like Hamilton letting the Bombers back in it and then not being able to shut the door when it counted.

as for Wroten... i'm on the record in several forums saying the i believe that Huntley has been the best defensive player in the CFL for 2 seasons straight bar none. but this Wroten guy... maybe it's because he only gets single covered (because of Huntley) but i doubt that teams will be able to scheme a way to double both of those guys, lol. and Flemmons and Foley are no slouches, lets remember. i imagine that sweeps and bootlegs will be de rigeure for the Bombers on Friday.

btw: did you watch the Argos doc on TSN last night? any thoughts?
CHAMP16NS
bluto

Next

Return to Smack Talk

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts