Ourbombers.com - Winnipeg Blue Bombers Message Board

Unoffical Bombers Board since 1997

Do you want the NHL back in Winnipeg?

Discussion regarding the Winnipeg Jets. You can also visit WWW.OURJETS.COM for an entire forum dedicated to discussion of Winnipeg in the NHL

Moderators: Colin Unger, Raydawg, bigg jay, kenny23

Do you want the NHL back in Winnipeg

Yes
54%
No
46%

Total votes : 81

Postby Dieter5 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:24 pm

I think that Chipman and Thompson have done their homework and they must think it will work. They don't come across as egomaniacs who just want to belong to the big boys club. They have a plan and are working on it. And I think they will get it done. :D
If you truly enjoy what you do you will never work a day in your life
Dieter5

Postby Dragon37 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:55 am

A little late to the game but I voted no. I am biased though because I am really not a fan of the NHL any more. I preferred the WHA and the NHL before the players got big, slow and less talented.

Let Gary Bettman have his American based NHL I don't need it. It's not like Winnipeg would be able to put a winner on the ice. So the arena would be empty in a few years.
Dragon37

Postby BVD » Wed May 11, 2011 9:46 am

BVD wrote:It might only be me who thinks this way, but was the old arena really all that bad?

I believe the only reason why my dad didn't take me to more games was because of the ticket prices and the fact that the team never really was a contender.

If Winnipeg were to get a team, they would once again be one of the more frugal teams pinching pennies which in effect would more then likely field mediocre teams.

I do believe Winnipeg will get an NHL franchise one of these days but IMO the city should just wait 5-10 years when the USA really forgets about hockey and when about 10 franchises fold down South....

We are nearly 4 years later from this post and after reading this article:

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/breaki ... 14474.html

Only 1 year and about 4 months away from this original prediction/suggestion from being right!
BVD

Postby grumpy old man » Wed May 11, 2011 12:18 pm

BVD wrote:I believe the only reason why my dad didn't take me to more games was because of the ticket prices and the fact that the team never really was a contender.

I understand now why you are such a sad and miserable little troll. Your daddy didn't take you to games when you were a little girl and now you want to pass your deep rooted resentment onto others, hoping they'll be as unhappy as you are.

That's kinda' selfish. Try counselling...
grumpy old man

Postby BVD » Wed May 11, 2011 1:30 pm

grumpy old man wrote:I understand now why you are such a sad and miserable little troll. Your daddy didn't take you to games when you were a little girl and now you want to pass your deep rooted resentment onto others, hoping they'll be as unhappy as you are.

That's kinda' selfish. Try counselling...

LOL you definitely are grumpy! On the contrary I used to be a part of the Jets fan club and had the great opportunity to hang out with plenty of old school Jets for dinners and playing baseball with them. My god mother also was a big part of the booster club and through her I got to meet lots of players from other teams as well. One of my fondest memories is playing street hockey with Mike Modano.

My 2nd fondest memory is going up to Ray Neufeld and telling him that he's the most awesome goalie in the NHL only to realize that he wasn't Pokey Reddick LOL!
BVD

Previous

Return to Winnipeg Jets Discussion

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts