Ourbombers.com - Winnipeg Blue Bombers Message Board

Unoffical Bombers Board since 1997

do you think we get too much hockey coverage

Discussion regarding the Winnipeg Jets. You can also visit WWW.OURJETS.COM for an entire forum dedicated to discussion of Winnipeg in the NHL

Moderators: Colin Unger, Raydawg, bigg jay, kenny23

do you think we get too much hockey coverage

yes
24%
no
76%

Total votes : 17

Postby loyalbomberfan » Sat May 19, 2007 7:54 pm

do u think that tsn and sportsnet r too nhl focused rather then cfl, nfl, nba and mlb
loyalbomberfan

Postby geetyar » Sat May 19, 2007 8:46 pm

its the flipin Stanley Cup playoffs...there can never be too much coverage!! once CFL training camps start, there will be more coverage.
geetyar

Postby rockz27 » Sat May 19, 2007 8:57 pm

Go Jets Go .... Ok I know Macfayden is a bozo.
rockz27

yup

Postby nogeeknm » Sun May 20, 2007 12:50 am

far too much hockey. overpaid, overpriced tickets, all equals a poor sport. i like hockey as much as i like watching ping pong. GO BLUE
nogeeknm

Postby BlueBallz » Sun May 20, 2007 1:42 am

nogeeknm wrote:far too much hockey. overpaid, overpriced tickets, all equals a poor sport. i like hockey as much as i like watching ping pong. GO BLUE

Overpaid? guess you been living under a rock. They just implemented a new SMS not too long ago, to control the escalating salaries.

Guess you might have missed that while attending ping pong events with your 'chums". I mean if you're one of 'those guys', there's nothing wrong with that. :lol:
"We have enough youth, how about a fountain of SMART?"

Madness takes it's toll....please have exact change.
BlueBallz

Postby 17to85 » Sun May 20, 2007 2:20 am

all athletes in the big leagues are overpaid, hockey players when compared to football players and MLB players and likely NBA players too are not overpaid. In terms of you and me dollars, yeah they're overpaid, but that's what the market is for top flight athletes in the big leagues so lets just leave it at that.

This is Canada though and hockey is just part of the landscape, and it's the playoffs, you gotta expect that. I'd love for the CFL to get more headlines, but honestly, what can they say? the argos signed some TCF today, details at 6. just not that much big news in the CFL offseason. TSN gives the CFL pretty good priority when the season is on, so can't complain about that.
"You know me to be a very smart man. Don’t you think that if I were wrong, I’d know it?"
17to85

Postby BVD » Sun May 20, 2007 9:08 am

I wouldn't complain, apparently in the States NBC cut the game off and broadcasted the Preakness (horse racing) instead of showing Overtime of the game!~!! How criminal is that!!

My wish would be that CBC hires new guys for the booth, man Bob Cole and Harry Neale are both idiots, I never seen a duo who made so many mistakes and then be so **** un-enthusiastic when someone scores in OT sending their team to the Stanley Cup..
BVD

Postby R0BERTS » Wed May 23, 2007 7:57 am

Mark H. wrote:
BVD wrote:My wish would be that CBC hires new guys for the booth, man Bob Cole and Harry Neale are both idiots, I never seen a duo who made so many mistakes and then be so **** un-enthusiastic when someone scores in OT sending their team to the Stanley Cup..

Of course...it wasn't the Leafs.

I guess I should just accept it... Every single hockey post turns into Leaf bashing somehow... whatever...

Anyway, as far as hockey getting too much coverage?? Hell no. In case you didn't realize, we're going into the finals right away. Like 17to85 says, you really wanna hear about some random Argo signing instead of them talking hockey?
R0BERTS

Postby BVD » Wed May 23, 2007 8:01 am

I just wish that they would talk about hockey not just about Sundin's hip... I'm sorry but when the play offs started I actually wanted to hear about how Vancouver was doing and about the series they had instead of about how Toronto is going to do next year....
BVD

Postby R0BERTS » Fri May 25, 2007 8:39 am

I know, but we could be talking about goldfish and have someone turn it into Leaf bashing somehow.. It's pretty funny actually
R0BERTS

Postby BVD » Fri May 25, 2007 10:42 am

Hallejuah Greg Millen is joining the broadcast team for the finals !!! I can actually watch CBC not on mute for once :)
BVD

Postby BVD » Mon May 28, 2007 7:44 am

Mark H. wrote:
BVD wrote:Hallejuah Greg Millen is joining the broadcast team for the finals !!! I can actually watch CBC not on mute for once :)

Ha...I do that all the time...I like to make up my own mind about the plays.

A good portion of my co workers watch the games on mute and just listen to the local radio's Play by play instead
BVD

Next

Return to Winnipeg Jets Discussion

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts