Ourbombers.com - Winnipeg Blue Bombers Message Board

Unoffical Bombers Board since 1997

Which way is NHL going to happen in Winnipeg

Discussion regarding the Winnipeg Jets. You can also visit WWW.OURJETS.COM for an entire forum dedicated to discussion of Winnipeg in the NHL

Moderators: Colin Unger, Raydawg, bigg jay, kenny23

Which NHL francise do you think is going to relocate to Winnipeg

Nashville
82%
Pittsburgh
No votes
Florida
9%
St Louis
No votes
Expansion
9%

Total votes : 11

Postby debar1982 » Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:19 pm

Which NHL Franchise do you think is going to relocate to winnipeg or do you think it will be expansion.

Now i know this has been beating to death, but i don't think i have seen a poll on this.

Now you can vote on this by what you think is going to happen or what francise you want to have in Winnipeg. (Stupid Question - Everybody wants Crosby here)
If you build it, the bandwagon will come.
debar1982

Postby loyalbomberfan » Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:49 pm

i voted for expenison but if there was an chioce called never i would vote 4 it
loyalbomberfan

Postby Hollywood2 » Sat Jan 27, 2007 5:45 pm

I applied wishful thinking an voted Nashville. It has a strong Manitoba connection with Barry Trotz being a former coach of the Dauphin Kings and Manitoba Bisons.
Hollywood2

Postby debar1982 » Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:19 am

Hollywood2 wrote:I applied wishful thinking an voted Nashville. It has a strong Manitoba connection with Barry Trotz being a former coach of the Dauphin Kings and Manitoba Bisons.

I didn't know that, thank you for the nice little fun fact.
If you build it, the bandwagon will come.
debar1982

Postby Hollywood2 » Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:25 pm

debar1982 wrote:
Hollywood2 wrote:I applied wishful thinking an voted Nashville. It has a strong Manitoba connection with Barry Trotz being a former coach of the Dauphin Kings and Manitoba Bisons.

I didn't know that, thank you for the nice little fun fact.
And the first place teams in the Western Conference are coached by:

Anaheim - former Moose coach
Vancouver - former Moose coach
Nashville - former Bisons coach
Hollywood2

Postby Pitbull » Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:30 pm

I feel that although Nashville is having problems attracting fans, that team won't move to Winnipeg. It's a top level team that going far in the playoffs would probably save them. Like how Carolina was saved for another few seasons.

However, Florida seems ripe for the picking. They are playing pretty badly and their attendance is dismal.

And for people who want to vote never. Why? Are you just scared of getting hurt again due to the Jets being ripped away from Winnipeg in 1996? Have some faith in your city. Perhaps think that Winnipeg can do better than be a stinkhole in the middle of Canada.
Pitbull

Postby RebusRankin » Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:07 pm

I don't see Bettman allowing an NHL team to move to Winnipeg. I think he'll push for Vegas, KC and Houston first.
"I pretty much quit playing when that one guy took over for Cal (Murphy)," Bryant said, referring to Jeff Reinebold. "He was just an idiot. I didn't come back because he cut my salary to something ridiculous."
RebusRankin

Return to Winnipeg Jets Discussion

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts