Ourbombers.com - Winnipeg Blue Bombers Message Board

Unoffical Bombers Board since 1997

Off season

Discussion regarding the Winnipeg Jets. You can also visit WWW.OURJETS.COM for an entire forum dedicated to discussion of Winnipeg in the NHL

Moderators: Colin Unger, Raydawg, bigg jay, kenny23

Postby EastRiver » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:33 pm

bobbyboucher wrote:What do you guys think about the Jets trading for Ales Hemsky of the Oilers? The Oilers have stated publicly theyre looking to move him. He's had bad luck with injuries the last couple years but was almost a point a game player before that. Even better, he's a pass first RW that would fill a HUGE need on the second line with Kane. He's still in his prime at 29 and signed through 2014. He does make 5 million but reading an article by Craig Button he figures the Oilers would likely be willing to eat half his salary to move him. He also mentions Hemsky wouldnt fetch much more than a 3rd round pick. A second line of Jokinen/Kane/Hemsky looks mighty fine to me. I think its a great match. Thoughts?

I wouldn't mind Hemsky as long as it doesnt cost much.
EastRiver

Postby BlueBallz » Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:47 am

bobbyboucher wrote:What do you guys think about the Jets trading for Ales Hemsky of the Oilers? The Oilers have stated publicly theyre looking to move him. He's had bad luck with injuries the last couple years but was almost a point a game player before that. Even better, he's a pass first RW that would fill a HUGE need on the second line with Kane. He's still in his prime at 29 and signed through 2014. He does make 5 million but reading an article by Craig Button he figures the Oilers would likely be willing to eat half his salary to move him. He also mentions Hemsky wouldnt fetch much more than a 3rd round pick. A second line of Jokinen/Kane/Hemsky looks mighty fine to me. I think its a great match. Thoughts?

If the Oilers are willing to eat half of his salary that has me wondering...but I would not be opposed to bringing him in. We desperately need a passing forward to compliment Kane BAD.
"We have enough youth, how about a fountain of SMART?"

Madness takes it's toll....please have exact change.
BlueBallz

Postby EastRiver » Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:45 pm

I'd only be interested in Hemsky if Edmonton retained some of his contract and he didn't cost much. From what I have heard from MacTavish though he expect more for him.
EastRiver

Postby EastRiver » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:55 pm

So any thoughts on who the Jets will take with their 1st pick? It seems like there are quite a few players that could be had with our pick this year. One guy that intrigues me is Rasmus Ristolainen.
EastRiver

Postby bobbyboucher » Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:24 pm

EastRiver wrote:So any thoughts on who the Jets will take with their 1st pick? It seems like there are quite a few players that could be had with our pick this year. One guy that intrigues me is Rasmus Ristolainen.

I don't see the Jets taking Ristolainen or any D for that matter. We definitely need an offensive minded forward, defensemen are the Jets strength as of right now. I could see Curtis Lazar, Bo Horvat, or maybe Max Domi. Id love to see Hunter Shinkaruk fall to us but i think thats a dream. Here's hoping for a Dustin Byfuglien trade at the draft but I wont hold my breath.
Glenn still sucks
bobbyboucher

Postby EastRiver » Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:23 pm

bobbyboucher wrote:
EastRiver wrote:So any thoughts on who the Jets will take with their 1st pick? It seems like there are quite a few players that could be had with our pick this year. One guy that intrigues me is Rasmus Ristolainen.

I don't see the Jets taking Ristolainen or any D for that matter. We definitely need an offensive minded forward, defensemen are the Jets strength as of right now. I could see Curtis Lazar, Bo Horvat, or maybe Max Domi. Id love to see Hunter Shinkaruk fall to us but i think thats a dream. Here's hoping for a Dustin Byfuglien trade at the draft but I wont hold my breath.

I'd also be interested in Horvat and Domi (although i don't see Domi falling to us). I have heard some issues about Lazar and Shinkaruk that make me wary of them at 13. Lazar seems like he could be a reach at 13 and Shinkaruk seems to be all over the place in terms of draft projection. I agree that we don't need another D but I just hope we take BPA at 13.
EastRiver

Postby bobbyboucher » Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:51 pm

EastRiver wrote:
bobbyboucher wrote:

I'd also be interested in Horvat and Domi (although i don't see Domi falling to us). I have heard some issues about Lazar and Shinkaruk that make me wary of them at 13. Lazar seems like he could be a reach at 13 and Shinkaruk seems to be all over the place in terms of draft projection. I agree that we don't need another D but I just hope we take BPA at 13.

I think Domi is a real possibility at 13. He's undersized (5'9 which is generous) and from the mocks ive seen he goes anywhere from 10-15. Horvat really climbed the rankings after the OHL playoffs and seems like the kind of rugged scoring player the Jets need. I dont know too much about Lazar. Shinkaruk is probably top 5 in the draft as far as pure offensive scorers and i dont see him lasting until 13. Shinkaruk can play RW which is a huge need for the Jets and why id love to see him fall to us.
Glenn still sucks
bobbyboucher

Postby EastRiver » Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:01 pm

Domi has definately grown on me. Initially I always associated him with being more like is dad. Horvat I have alway been high on, I have heard some comparisons to Schiefele as far as being a good two-way forward as well as more of a safe pick rather than a boom or bust. I have heard a comp on Lazar that made me uninterested in him but I can't think of that comp atm. I known Shinkaruk is an offensive forward but I have heard some concerns about his game translating to the NHL.
EastRiver

Postby bobbyboucher » Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:36 pm

EastRiver wrote:Domi has definately grown on me. Initially I always associated him with being more like is dad. Horvat I have alway been high on, I have heard some comparisons to Schiefele as far as being a good two-way forward as well as more of a safe pick rather than a boom or bust. I have heard a comp on Lazar that made me uninterested in him but I can't think of that comp atm. I known Shinkaruk is an offensive forward but I have heard some concerns about his game translating to the NHL.

Lets face it, the Jets need more of everything lol. Horvat might be the best fit. They need someone rugged that can play tough and score. Every team needs those players though. We have a lot of size but guys like Wheeler and Antropov who are 6'5 play like they are 5'5. Dont get me wrong, i love wheeler but we need a gritty dirt bag like Marchand, Steve Ott, or Wayne Simmonds. A guy that other teams fear on the ice and look out for. I would love a Byfuglien for Simmonds trade.
Glenn still sucks
bobbyboucher

Postby EastRiver » Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:19 pm

I to would love a Buff for Simmonds trade. We need more of everything so that's why I for taking BPA even it is a D. Were one of the tallest teams but some games we certainly don't play like it. Also, Domi could be that gritty dirt bag a la Marchand.
EastRiver

Postby EastRiver » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:10 pm

Around the NHL News:
L.A. trade Bernier to Toronto for Frattin, Scrivens, + 2nd in 2014/2015.
EastRiver

Postby EastRiver » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:10 pm

Also:
Jets signed Noel to a 1 year contract extension.
EastRiver

Previous

Return to Winnipeg Jets Discussion

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts