Ourbombers.com - Winnipeg Blue Bombers Message Board

Unoffical Bombers Board since 1997

No Hockey until December!!

Discussion regarding the Winnipeg Jets. You can also visit WWW.OURJETS.COM for an entire forum dedicated to discussion of Winnipeg in the NHL

Moderators: Colin Unger, Raydawg, bigg jay, kenny23

Postby sportmentary » Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:35 pm

It looks like the NHL is going to let the players sit out until December, which makes sense as it worked for the NBA and shows that you don`t need 82 games in a season. This will also allow the NHL to make a big splash as they return just in time for the Leafs and Red Wings to play the Winter classic.
sportmentary

Postby stick » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:08 pm

The real bright side to this scenario would be that we don't have to watch Lawless on intermissions. Sara, we all love you, but when Gary is sitting beside you....it ruins it for me...
So sick of the idiots that run our beloved team into the ground again and again.
stick

Postby john peterson » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:13 pm

StrongSide wrote:Ah well, first couple months of the season always suck anyways.

SO True !!!
I can't watch NHL until Feb.
So many game just don't mean sh!t !!!
And maybe they can run the play-offs till July ! :roll:

That would be great !!
The Riders are like Harley Davidsons,Very popular just not the best product ...
john peterson

Postby TheSituation » Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:35 pm

john peterson wrote:
StrongSide wrote:Ah well, first couple months of the season always suck anyways.

SO True !!!
I can't watch NHL until Feb.
So many game just don't mean sh!t !!!
And maybe they can run the play-offs till July ! :roll:

That would be great !!

for a league that's way down in terms of popularity amongst the masses, the nhl sure has an ego.

personally, im finally done with this league. it's not because of the current strife; it's the current strife and all the previous bullshit.
TheSituation

Postby rockandrollaf » Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:39 am

No hockey until December will give Zach time to heal....
Beauty is in the eyes of the Beer Holder...
rockandrollaf

Postby basslicker » Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:52 am

Nice job players and owners. A league that very few in America cares about just got a little more useless
The best part of moving from Winnipeg to Calgary?

NO Westwood!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!
basslicker

Postby HardcoreBlue » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:01 pm

basslicker wrote:Nice job players and owners. A league that very few in America cares about just got a little more useless

Best comment yet I've read from a poster commenting on other posters saying they won't come back THIS TIME:

"Sure is a heck of a lot of people around who don't care about the lockout. So much so they need to write whole paragraphs about it several times each and every single day to drive home the point. Yeeeeeeeep, truly the spitting image of apathy being displayed.

You got reeled back in in 95, you got reeled back in in 2006, you'll be reeled back in when this is over too regardless of how many soapbox statements you want to make about it. If you people did actually bother sticking to these kinds of principles junior hockey or CFL or MLS attendances would have skyrocketed and HNIC ratings would have plummeted years ago the last times you guys said the exact same things. The whole scenario is a farce but you're really kidding yourselves with this empty putting-my-foot-down-for-good-this-time-I-promise nonsense, otherwise you'd stop checking for updates every single day and you'd stop constantly posting about it."

He's bang-on.
I hate quotations. Tell me what you know. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
HardcoreBlue

Return to Winnipeg Jets Discussion

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts