Ourbombers.com - Winnipeg Blue Bombers Message Board

Unoffical Bombers Board since 1997

First game of the season.......

Discussion regarding the Winnipeg Jets. You can also visit WWW.OURJETS.COM for an entire forum dedicated to discussion of Winnipeg in the NHL

Moderators: Colin Unger, Raydawg, bigg jay, kenny23

Postby BlueBallz » Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:09 pm

Yeah it sucked we lost but damnnnnn, LOVED the "Go Jets Go" chant right until the end.

It showed the league and the world that we are very deserving of an NHL team. Even though we lost it still felt darn good to see NHL back in Winnipeg.

Every 'Pegger has to feel proud!! Jets fans in general!! Oops, lol

I'm not too big that I can't admit that hearing the national anthem and hearing the 'Go Jets Go' chant gave me a lump in my throat.

Anyways....this loss only means we'll go 81-1 now :P

Could've been....we coulda lost to the Leafs!! lol
"We have enough youth, how about a fountain of SMART?"

Madness takes it's toll....please have exact change.
BlueBallz

Postby stick » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:47 am

I'm glad we have a NHL team again, but that anthem was terrible.
True North did everything right until they chose those two to sing the anthem. Makes me wonder if they even practised singing it together.
So sick of the idiots that run our beloved team into the ground again and again.
stick

Postby grumpy old man » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:09 am

The choice of singers was not bad; their collaboration is a different subject. It indeed looked like they spent very little time practicing however at the end of the day who fricking cares about the anthem? It was a microscopic part of the entire event.

I was there for the Jets, the atmosphere and for the owners. I won't let a few insignificant hiccups make one iota of a difference to the day.
grumpy old man

Postby stick » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:14 am

grumpy old man wrote:The choice of singers was not bad; their collaboration is a different subject. It indeed looked like they spent very little time practicing however at the end of the day who fricking cares about the anthem? It was a microscopic part of the entire event.

I was there for the Jets, the atmosphere and for the owners. I won't let a few insignificant hiccups make one iota of a difference to the day.

I'm sure lots of people cared about how the anthem was not good. It was broadcast nation wide after all. Should just let whoever the lady was that sang the preseason opener keep doing it. At least she can cary a tune unlike the no voice at all of the Blue Rodeo guy. Chantal K wasn't bad but together they were bad.
So sick of the idiots that run our beloved team into the ground again and again.
stick

Postby BVD » Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:10 pm

The anthem was horrible it was hugely noticeable and it somewhat showed how cheap and hokey Winnipeg is. Chantal's voice was really really bad and I guess she's not singing anymore because it was brutal.

I don't know why they didn't use the lady who used to do the Moose games, her voice is great and she sings in tune.

I thought the Jets played well and if not for Oduya giving away the puck resulting in the first 2 goals against us, I think the game would of ended differently.
BVD

Postby grumpy old man » Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:18 pm

BVD The TROLL wrote:...it somewhat showed how cheap and hokey Winnipeg is.

Aren't you the same ridiculous troll that predicted ad nauseam that Winnipeggers would not support an NHL team? And now that those same Winnipeggers proved you ridiculous nay-saying trolls dead-wrong you still sprout the same crap...

Good Lord BVD don't you ever get tired of being a ridiculous troll?
grumpy old man

Postby stick » Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:34 pm

BVD wrote:The anthem was horrible it was hugely noticeable and it somewhat showed how cheap and hokey Winnipeg is. Chantal's voice was really really bad and I guess she's not singing anymore because it was brutal.

I don't know why they didn't use the lady who used to do the Moose games, her voice is great and she sings in tune.

I thought the Jets played well and if not for Oduya giving away the puck resulting in the first 2 goals against us, I think the game would of ended differently.

I don't think it showed how cheap/hokey we supposedly are according to you. It just was the wrong choice. If anything it cost True North more $$ to get Chantal and BR. So you're quite wrong. Winnipeg should not be labelled as cheap anymore. You want evidence, just look at how fast the Jets seasons and the waiting list sold out.
stick

Postby BVD » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:23 pm

stick wrote:I don't think it showed how cheap/hokey we supposedly are according to you. It just was the wrong choice. If anything it cost True North more $$ to get Chantal and BR. So you're quite wrong. Winnipeg should not be labelled as cheap anymore. You want evidence, just look at how fast the Jets seasons and the waiting list sold out.

I also noticed how many knock off jerseys were sadly on display at the first game.

Blue Rodeo plays at Canada Inns bars....enough said and Chantal K has she done anything in the last 10 years?

Grumpy - Don't hate me cuz I was right all along :D
BVD

Postby Taynted_Fayth » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:51 am

BVD wrote:
stick wrote:I don't think it showed how cheap/hokey we supposedly are according to you. It just was the wrong choice. If anything it cost True North more $$ to get Chantal and BR. So you're quite wrong. Winnipeg should not be labelled as cheap anymore. You want evidence, just look at how fast the Jets seasons and the waiting list sold out.

I also noticed how many knock off jerseys were sadly on display at the first game.

Blue Rodeo plays at Canada Inns bars....enough said and Chantal K has she done anything in the last 10 years?

Grumpy - Don't hate me cuz I was right all along :D

complaining about the people singing the anthem is truely bitching for the sake of bitching. they got some home grown talent to sing our anthem on a night winnipegers, manitobans, canadians and all people fans of Hockey should have been enjoying. Could they have gotten better? probably but it's not the point. If you listened to the dude belting the anthems last night for the Chi/Wpg game, id still take Chantal K and Blue Rodeo.
"There I go... One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"
Taynted_Fayth

Postby BVD » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:49 am

It's not a huge deal by any means, but it was brutal to listen. I felt embarassed for them!
BVD

Return to Winnipeg Jets Discussion

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts