Ourbombers.com - Winnipeg Blue Bombers Message Board

Unoffical Bombers Board since 1997

Who has their tickets?

Discussion regarding the Winnipeg Jets. You can also visit WWW.OURJETS.COM for an entire forum dedicated to discussion of Winnipeg in the NHL

Moderators: Colin Unger, Raydawg, bigg jay, kenny23

Postby Hollywood2 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:45 pm

My group is now IN!

I will be up in the cheap seats. So I am going on a diet so that I will better fit into the seats. That means I will be even sexier than I am right now.

NOW NAME THE BLOODY TEAM!
Hollywood2

Postby Jimmy Pop » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:29 am

Hollywood2 wrote:My group is now IN!

I will be up in the cheap seats. So I am going on a diet so that I will better fit into the seats. That means I will be even sexier than I am right now.

So, how was the entire process? Any issues, tips, etc?

I'll be one of the thousands hoping to scoop up a pair on Saturday...and I'm more than a little nervous about missing out!
Jimmy Pop

Postby TYSOALEX » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:32 pm

Got our group done Thursday at noon. As long as you have a ticketmaster acct already set up it's fast and easy. Only took a couple of minutes.
Blue Forever!
TYSOALEX

Postby Hollywood2 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:59 pm

Jimmy Pop wrote:
Hollywood2 wrote:My group is now IN!

So, how was the entire process? Any issues, tips, etc?

I'll be one of the thousands hoping to scoop up a pair on Saturday...and I'm more than a little nervous about missing out!

I guess it's too late to become a Moose season ticket holder. I was one and formed a group. I let one of the group use my log-in, which we could do because I am still in the group. He said it was easy.

Have your tickets picked out and do a dry-run today. Have a ticketmaster account set up and your credit card on their file.

And start at 12:00 noon sharp!

IMO the best and worst seats will be gone first but you will get something.
Hollywood2

Postby Jaxon » Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:36 pm

We were on right at noon....with two computers trying and we got shut out.

I suspect that they allowed more than Moose holders to pre-buy as we were on line right at noon. I find it hard to conceive that they sold out within seconds.....but that appears to be the case.
I support amateur football.
Jaxon

Postby Darryl » Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:34 pm

Between 6 of us we got 2 P5s & 2 half-P6s.

Apparently by 12:02 they already had enough people on the site to sell out.
Darryl

Postby Jimmy Pop » Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:38 pm

I'm in!! I got a half-season pack in P6. My strategy, other than the obvious stuff of being logged on to ticketmaster and waiting on the last page was to have the weather channel on and refresh at exactely 12:00:00.

My personal opinion is that it literally came down to a matter of seconds.
Jimmy Pop

Postby grumpy old man » Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:55 pm

We have two season tickets in P6. 40 games plus pre-season. We have sold off a pair of 10 games, a pair of five games and a single for five games. This leaves me with twenty games plus pre-season and my buddy with twenty-five games plus pre-season.
grumpy old man

Postby grumpy old man » Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:57 pm

We logged in right at noon and by 12:03 had our season tickets.
grumpy old man

Postby ManitobaMike » Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:31 pm

I got season tickets.

If wasn't for the Manitoba Moose season ticket holdsers "like myself", the NHL wouldn't be here.

For those "so called" hockey fans who have trashed the Moose and the Moose fans over the last 15 years and couldn't get NHL season tickets

I HAVE NO SYMPATHY FOR YOU.
Last edited by ManitobaMike on Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ManitobaMike

Postby Jaxon » Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:01 pm

ManitobaMike wrote:I got season tickets.

If wasn't for the Manitoba Moose season ticket holdsers "like myself", the NHL wouldn't be here.

For those "so called" hockey fans who have trashed the Moose, the Moose fans over the last 1y years and couldn't get NHL season tickets

HA HA I HAVE NO SYMPATHY FOR YOU.

I'm glad that you got your tickets, but there is no need to laugh at those of us who didn't. While it's true that I didn't have season tickets for the Moose, I never trashed them.....and I did buy a few individual game tickets.

I also was a long time Jet pack ticket holder and went to games right from the first season in 72-73. In addition I was looking at an old file where I had put a deposit down for the failed MEC project to build a new building back in 1995. I put a deposit on 4 club seats, I was priority number 113. That, of course, means nothing, and I don't expect that it would.

I wonder if the people at jetsowner.com got tickets, they regularly trashed the Moose?
I support amateur football.
Jaxon

Postby BlitzKing » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:27 pm

I got tickets....I trashed the moose and will probably still. I did not like the hockey....For the people who had tickets to the moose, good for you.
BlitzKing

Postby TYSOALEX » Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:54 pm

There was a difference between trashing Moose hockey and not wanting them to be here. A lot of people didn't like the hockey and there's nothing wrong with that. But wishing they were never here while dying to have the NHL at the same time was kinda idiotic. The equation was pretty simple, no Moose, no Mts Center, no NHL. Hate the hockey but don't hate the fact they were here because they led us back to the NHL.
Blue Forever!
TYSOALEX

Postby BlitzKing » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:44 am

I would have rather had NHL here for that last 15 yrs (as i am sure most would have). I was never in the crowd that said hey get rid of the Moose and lets have no hockey, in fact i would have rather had the WHL in here instead. Would the WHL though been enough to help the NHL return?

The problem for me with the Moose was that the players belonged mainly to Vancouver, the team played here but it didn't even seem like our team. Losing your best player to call ups all the time was a piss off.....

Moose fans enjoyed that team for yrs and got first dibs on tickets (which was the right way to go). NHL fans got their wish but the majority of them who waited for it to return did not get tickets.
BlitzKing

Postby J_Zilla » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:15 am

Jaxon wrote:
ManitobaMike wrote:I got season tickets.

For those "so called" hockey fans who have trashed the Moose, the Moose fans over the last 1y years and couldn't get NHL season tickets

HA HA I HAVE NO SYMPATHY FOR YOU.

I'm glad that you got your tickets, but there is no need to laugh at those of us who didn't. While it's true that I didn't have season tickets for the Moose, I never trashed them.....and I did buy a few individual game tickets.

I wonder if the people at jetsowner.com got tickets, they regularly trashed the Moose?

That is just a misconception that many people had of jetsowner.com. There were a couple of deliquent members years ago that would make it a habit of going over to the Moose forum and causing trouble. It reflected poorly on Jetsowner, so the individual responsible was banned permanently.

Most people on Jetsowner were Moose fans as well. So most of the regular forum members ended up getting tickets. I was finishing off my degree, so i could not afford tickets to the Moose this year. I guess i will just have to see if I luck out, and get to go to a couple of jets games in the winter.

as for ManitobaMike, this is what he said about the Jets:

"Im looking forward to watching the NHL fail again."

That is just how he is. He went by the name "#1 Moose Fan" on the moosehockey.com forum. If you check his posting history, you will see what I mean. :wink:
J_Zilla

Return to Winnipeg Jets Discussion

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts