Ourbombers.com - Winnipeg Blue Bombers Message Board

Unoffical Bombers Board since 1997

Coyotes' Belanger Prefers Quebec...Now There's a Shock

Discussion regarding the Winnipeg Jets. You can also visit WWW.OURJETS.COM for an entire forum dedicated to discussion of Winnipeg in the NHL

Moderators: Colin Unger, Raydawg, bigg jay, kenny23

Postby Blue_In_Edmonton » Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:07 pm

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/Ph ... 36511.html

Lovely article, indeed. He claims that he's spoken to guys who played in Winnipeg, but he won't name names (gee...it's a good thing no one knows he's talking about Shane Doan), who say that they hated it in Winnipeg and that the conditions in 1996 were terrible, and nothing has changed. Also a huge shock that a Quebecker would rather play in Quebec than in Winnipeg. And there were no players who hated playing in Quebec??? Please!

This is going to be the stigma that will happen if the team comes back. That being said, Detroit is the anal sphincter of North America, and guys line up to play there. If you win, players will happily come.

There are a few things that get me riled up...but at the top of that list is people who shred Winnipeg without knowing anything about it.
I wish my Gramps would have lived to see one more Bomber Grey Cup...and I'm 40 years old and I am not sure if I'll live to see one more Bomber Grey Cup.
Blue_In_Edmonton

Postby bomberblue » Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:15 pm

Yes, because a pro hockey player who doesn't seem to know jack about Winnipeg seems to know the economy well. Oh well, people will make comments, its just a lack of common sense to come out and say it to the media and then make remarks about what he has "heard" from guys.

Oh well, unless its April Fools :lol:

If it makes ya feel better though, Eric Fehr had a good reply for Manitoba!
bomberblue

Postby Rick » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:54 pm

With that kind of attitude I can see at least two players on the trading block if they do go to Winnipeg. This kind of crap realy bothers me. I guess this guy has to grow up. This is his job. He probably makes over a million a year and he is already complaining about where he might have to play. Sure it's cold but so what. It's not like he has to play out doors or anything. Look anyone who says he would rather play in Winnipeg than Phoenix is lying. But Playing in Qubec instead of Winnipeg is just crap.
Rick

Postby bomberblue » Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:42 am

Well, he is from Quebec, so his preference may be biased.
bomberblue

Postby duffblue76 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:11 am

I would trade a Snickers bar and a Rance Mullenicks 5th year baseball card (sorry Rance, loved the stach) for Belanger.

Can anyone beat that?
duffblue76

Postby Viper » Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:58 am

Belanger's a free agent anyway... signed a one year deal in the offseason.

And I'll point out that it might not be Doan he's talking about... it could be former Moose players, who don't want to play here because it's the AHL.
Viper

Postby Rick » Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:53 pm

Well his preference may be biiased but his excuses are pretty lame.
Rick

Postby BVD » Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:26 pm

I wouldn't blame any athletes that are top notch not wanting to play in Winnipeg, but for a mid level player they should be happy getting paid by any team.

Quebec however isn't the greatest city either , while it does have some nice areas to visit , compared to Montreal it's not even close in terms of a hot shot player wanting to have fun in the city.
BVD

Postby Rick » Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:32 pm

Now I'm pi--ed off. What the he-- is wrong with Winnipeg. Just because it's cold in the winter. I used to be a big part of the Jets Booster Club and got to know a lot of the players. Not once did I here that they didn't want to play in Wpg. This seems to be all about a player who has been spoiled with the great weather in Phoenix. It's like some young kid right out of school saying I'm not working weekends. What a joke.
Rick

Return to Winnipeg Jets Discussion

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts