Ourbombers.com - Winnipeg Blue Bombers Message Board

Unoffical Bombers Board since 1997

A question to Mr Bettman

Discussion regarding the Winnipeg Jets. You can also visit WWW.OURJETS.COM for an entire forum dedicated to discussion of Winnipeg in the NHL

Moderators: Colin Unger, Raydawg, bigg jay, kenny23

Postby Rick » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:17 pm

I wish that Mr. Bettman would answer a few questions for us. Why would you keep a hockey team in a location that loses at least 30 million a year. What makes you think that if the coyotes are under new ownership that they could succeed. I know for a fact that this franchise has tried every thing that they could to fill their building. They have given tickets away free and still can't fill it. I know this because I was one who got free tickets. This is a good hockey team and with a few new players might be a threat for the cup. I will agree they filled the place for the playoffs but what about the regular season? Think about it if there is a way to keep this franchise alive in Phoenix I believe within two to three years you are going to have many more problems than you have now. Why wouldn't you place this franchise in a location that realy wants a team and it would be owned in part by a person that has more money than any other person in the whole league. Look Mr. Bettman I won't go so low to call you names but I wish you could explain to everyone in North America why this franchise should stay in Phoenix.
Rick

Postby BVD » Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:20 am

I texted Mr Bettman and he says that he doesn't care what you think and that the only way the NHL will become the next NBA is if they move to the same markets as the NBA. :lol:
BVD

Postby stick » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:00 pm

No point in asking Bettman questions. He's only going to give a BS answer by going around what you actually asked and saying something completely irrellevent. All the while with his pompus face shaking like he's on some kind of drug withdrawal.

The day he is fired is the day I will do a little victory dance for hockey fans everywhere.
So sick of the idiots that run our beloved team into the ground again and again.
stick

Postby bomberblue » Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:50 pm

Just your luck Rick, it looks like you have at least 5 more years where you can ask him! :)
bomberblue

Postby Do or Die » Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:40 pm

I wish that Mr. Bettman would answer a few questions for us. Why would you keep a hockey team in a location that loses at least 30 million a year. What makes you think that if the coyotes are under new ownership that they could succeed. I know for a fact that this franchise has tried every thing that they could to fill their building. They have given tickets away free and still can't fill it. I know this because I was one who got free tickets. This is a good hockey team and with a few new players might be a threat for the cup. I will agree they filled the place for the playoffs but what about the regular season? Think about it if there is a way to keep this franchise alive in Phoenix I believe within two to three years you are going to have many more problems than you have now. Why wouldn't you place this franchise in a location that realy wants a team and it would be owned in part by a person that has more money than any other person in the whole league. Look Mr. Bettman I won't go so low to call you names but I wish you could explain to everyone in North America why this franchise should stay in Phoenix.

Let me explain....

I am adamant on keeping the team in Phoenix. After all, I have received 4 previous extensions of my contract, simply by gulling the NHL BOG into swallowing the theory, that someday......large US TV markets will pour vast amounts of money, into the NHL. The fact that the majority of them, are total non-hockey markets, must be continued to be ignored and disregarded. Such is the vision, that I must continue to sell like soup.

I was glad to get rid of some of the small Canadian market teams, particularly the ******* sons of the WHA. These cities just do not fit into my world class vision, for this league. Phoenix is important as it is the tip of the iceburg - if we lose this particular team, it will set a unwelcome precedent, particularly with the other sun belt teams. People might start to think that massive expansion to the US and financing the league for years with sucker money (expansion fees) was some sort of mistake. That sort of thinking could make my next contract extension, that much more difficult.

Having to return to Canada would be a tremendous loss of face - for me.
The one thing that simply cannot be allowed to happen.

Sincerely,
Betts
"You can see a lot...just by observing"
Yogi Berra
Do or Die

Return to Winnipeg Jets Discussion

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts